Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, I'm new to emulation, and want to try to play some of my PS2 games. However I am a complete noob and no matter how hard I try I cannot figure it out :rant: !!! Could you guys help me by telling where to put everything, and how to configure it?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Try Pcsx2,you can download it from www.ngemu.com.
Don't expect lots of games to work, however.
And for the plugin, try gsdx9, you can download it from ngemu too.
Note that you must have Directx9 in order gsdx9 to work.
Hope this is fear,and sorry for my bad english.
Master89

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I cannot find anything in search!!! I have the emu., the GS pugin, and the forbidden bios Rom1.bin, and scph10000.bin. I just do not know what to do with them!!!

·
Registered
3,630 Posts
First dont double post,instead edit your original post if you want to add anything
Second,why dont you try reading the readme and the FAQ for starters then ask here if you still have questions...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
bositman said:
First dont double post,instead edit your original post if you want to add anything
Second,why dont you try reading the readme and the FAQ for starters then ask here if you still have questions...
The FAQ does not help me at all :cuss2: !! All it does is tell the idiots to shut up!!! It does not tell you how to set up the emulation :hdbash: . Could you please help me, as a beta tester you should know how!!!

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
I'm pretty sure he's talking about the FAQ and other documentation found in the docs subdirectory of the PCSX2 downloadable archive.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
FLaRe85 said:
I'm pretty sure he's talking about the FAQ and other documentation found in the docs subdirectory of the PCSX2 downloadable archive.

Thank you!!! That is the sort of answer I expect!!! Thank you!!

·
Registered
234 Posts
Dukelord said:
Could someone pls help.I'm having setup problems too.
ok...now first if you extract the pcsx2 0.6 archieve (zip/rar) into a folder (ex. "C:\Pcsx20.6\"), the folder should now display all/some of the following subfolders: Bios, plugins, langs, patches, docs, snap,sstates. now put all the bios files ("rom1.bin, scph10000.bin, scph39001.bin, or scphxxxxxx.bin") in the folder bios. note: the valid ps2 bios files are about 4mb. Anyways, the plugin files such as gsdx 9 should be placed in the plugins folder. well now where done with the initial setup. now open the emu. go the configurations. go to config then configure, if the emu doesn't detect any of the plugins, below you will see the button "Set Plugins Directory" click it and browse for the plugins folder. it should now display the plugins. if the emu doesnt dect the bios, below you will see the button "Set Bios Directory". click it and browse for the bios folder. it should now display the bios files. if the emu still doesn't detect your bios files then maybe you have the invalid bios files.

i have attached some images of my video plugin and cdvd plugins settings. but it all depends on what plugins do you want to use and also what plugin settings you want to use. i'll recommend the following plugins:
Video: GSdx9
CDVD: Peops CDVD 1.1, or CDVDnull ( for running the bios)
Sound: SPU2null (i need speed) , or peops spu2 plugin
PADS: PadWin

·
Registered
234 Posts
kerpal1234 said:
how actually i can get the bio files may i ask.. all the rom1.bin, scph10000.bin, scph39001.bin, or scphxxxxxx.bin
SCPHxxxxx.bin stands for any ps2 bios.
well if you have a PS2, just dump the bios from your ps2 to your pc. that would be the legal way (i think). i am not that sure how to dump the bios so correct me if i'm wrong. i Think you'll need naplink and some (Naplink) cables...anyway since it is your first post. i'm gonna give you an advice you should have read the rules of this forum. NO asking for the PS2 bios. READ the RULES or else you'll be banned!!!!

·
Banned
784 Posts
hbk0259 said:
ok...now first if you extract the pcsx2 0.6 archieve (zip/rar) into a folder (ex. "C:\Pcsx20.6\"), the folder should now display all/some of the following subfolders: Bios, plugins, langs, patches, docs, snap,sstates. now put all the bios files ("rom1.bin, scph10000.bin, scph39001.bin, or scphxxxxxx.bin") in the folder bios. note: the valid ps2 bios files are about 4mb. Anyways, the plugin files such as gsdx 9 should be placed in the plugins folder. well now where done with the initial setup. now open the emu. go the configurations. go to config then configure, if the emu doesn't detect any of the plugins, below you will see the button "Set Plugins Directory" click it and browse for the plugins folder. it should now display the plugins. if the emu doesnt dect the bios, below you will see the button "Set Bios Directory". click it and browse for the bios folder. it should now display the bios files. if the emu still doesn't detect your bios files then maybe you have the invalid bios files.

i have attached some images of my video plugin and cdvd plugins settings. but it all depends on what plugins do you want to use and also what plugin settings you want to use. i'll recommend the following plugins:
Video: GSdx9
CDVD: Peops CDVD 1.1, or CDVDnull ( for running the bios)
Sound: SPU2null (i need speed) , or peops spu2 plugin
PADS: PadWin
For the BIOS folder,I guess I need the ROM.bin and just one SCPHxxxxx.bin(downloaded from my console) right?What do you mean by saying that the size of valid PS2 BIOS files is 4MB?Is that the size of everything that needs to be in the BIOS folder?

·
Registered
234 Posts
not really you don't need rom1.bin except in ps2emu. pcsx2 won't need rom1.bin just your ps2 bios files (SCPH10000.bin, SCPH39001.bin or any SCPHxxxxx.bin). well if you have a ps2 bios file, the filesize shoud be 4mb. i think someone posted the different ps2 files and their corresponding filesizes.
PS2 FAQ said:
==============
Q: Is my bios valid?
==============

A: To check you have a good BIOS it should be 4MB in size: There are 3 BIOSES floating around, here are the details about them:

1. SCPH10000.BIN: Japanese bios, 4,096kb in size, with a checksum of B7EF81A9
2. SCPH30004R.BIN: Europeean bios, 4,096kb in size, with a checksum of 9386A740
3. SCPH39001.BIN : USA bios, 4,096kb in size, with a checksum of A19E0BF5

Also note, the SCPH10000 does not have DVD video support, and the more modern the BIOS, the more modern the modules in it, eg SPU2 / IPU / rumble / DVD / CD support, each one is 'technically' and improvement on the last, though PCSX2 only supports SCPH10000.

Most American BIOSes do not get the 'x' modules, which are enhancements to Rumble control / DVD etc (though this will change post SCPH50000 afaik).

The reason 'PS2' type is listed, is because there are two. Dev and Console.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts