Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Familiar Face
5,307 Posts
Well, I've got the slim model PS2 as well, and I can tell you from experience that the exploit for bios dumping works just fine. I've dumped mine. I did mine with swap magic (and no mod chip).

· Registered
68 Posts
generalplot said:
Well, I've got the slim model PS2 as well, and I can tell you from experience that the exploit for bios dumping works just fine. I've dumped mine. I did mine with swap magic (and no mod chip).
Yeah, I was referring to using the independance exploit. Swap magic costs money(of course that is unavoidable since you need a network adapter or a pl2301 cable anyway).

· Familiar Face
5,307 Posts
BCM124 said:
Yeah, I was referring to using the independance exploit. Swap magic costs money(of course that is unavoidable since you need a network adapter or a pl2301 cable anyway).
And the cool thing about using the slim model is that there is no need to buy a network adapter (since it comes built in). And swap magic is generally cheaper than a network adapter for the PS2, along with the other advantages that come with having swap magic that I won't mention here.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.