Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've tried to test the memorycard function of PCSX2. In Browser, it says the memorycards are not formatted, and i tried to format it, but it doesn't work. It says Fomatting faild.
Why?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Indeed I've used japanese bios.

My configurations:
Gsdx8 windowed+D3d+PS1.4
Recomplier in Cpu options(I have P4 3.0G)
the other plugin are with standard configuration.

·
Registered
3,630 Posts
1)Dont double post,instead edit your first post
2)You havent read the FAQ that clearly states the Japan v01.00 bios is no longer supported by the emulator.So using that bios,memcards will NOT work

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry,I'll pay attention to it.
Thanks for your answer.
May be I have to buy a New PS2 in Germany if i want to test the Emulator. :(

·
Registered
68 Posts
liiir1985 said:
Sorry,I'll pay attention to it.
Thanks for your answer.
May be I have to buy a New PS2 in Germany if i want to test the Emulator. :(
A US(non-slim) PS2 will do fine as well.

·
Registered
68 Posts
liiir1985 said:
But I'm in Germany
German PS2(as long as it is not slim) + PS2 Network adapter(the sony one that goes on the expansion port on back, not the USB ones they are selling) will work fine.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
OK.Thanks
I'll think about it if i relly need to buy it. And I have to persuade my parents to buy it for me if I want it.That's not so good.(Ich denke nicht, dass sie es mir kaufen wuerden) :(

·
Registered
325 Posts
But what if someone has a slim PS2 (eg: me :D ) ? What`s the difference if I have a slim PS2 (I think I read somewhere before about this, just couldn`t remember so I thought I`d ask here)?

·
Familiar Face
4,971 Posts
Well, I've got the slim model PS2 as well, and I can tell you from experience that the exploit for bios dumping works just fine. I've dumped mine. I did mine with swap magic (and no mod chip).

·
Registered
68 Posts
generalplot said:
Well, I've got the slim model PS2 as well, and I can tell you from experience that the exploit for bios dumping works just fine. I've dumped mine. I did mine with swap magic (and no mod chip).
Yeah, I was referring to using the independance exploit. Swap magic costs money(of course that is unavoidable since you need a network adapter or a pl2301 cable anyway).

·
Familiar Face
4,971 Posts
BCM124 said:
Yeah, I was referring to using the independance exploit. Swap magic costs money(of course that is unavoidable since you need a network adapter or a pl2301 cable anyway).
And the cool thing about using the slim model is that there is no need to buy a network adapter (since it comes built in). And swap magic is generally cheaper than a network adapter for the PS2, along with the other advantages that come with having swap magic that I won't mention here.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Because I've bought one in Japan. I'm not German but live in Germany

PS:I'm not Japanese either. Hehehe

1 - 17 of 17 Posts