Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to install a 500 gig ide hard drive on my pc,heres the thing I dont have another hard drive and I am trying to make this drive the boot drive but I cannot get windows xp to recognize the whole 500 gigs I realize u need to install windows xp sp2 in order for it to do so,but will it recognize the rest of the drive after I already partitioned the drive to 131 gigs and installed windows xp on it?

· Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If you've already partitioned your drive, you can create another partition through Computer Management.

Go to Administrative Tools > Computer Management -or- right-click My Computer and select "Manage".

Under Storage go to Disk Management.

Right-click the 131GB partition and select "Extend Partition".

You *should* be able to use the remaining HDD space by doing this. If not, take a screenshot of what you see. (I haven't used this feature in XP in a good little while now.) ><

This is what I see on my system:
View attachment 203288

I have my 500GB laptop HDD split into 2 separate partitions so I can reformat my C: drive as necessary while not losing my backup data and drivers on my D: drive.;)

ok cool thanx ill try that and see what happens.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.