Next Generation Emulation banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I am having a problem with PJ64 being choppier than it should be (I think). I have tried Goldeneye only so far, but I have heard that the emulation for this game is good (I could be wrong). My sytem specs are: Athlon 1.4, 256 PC2100 Micron, GeForce2 Pro 64 meg, SBLive Value, and I'm running WinXP Pro Final. I have NVidia's latest Detonator drivers.(problem?) I'm running the latest version of PJ64 with Jabo's D3D6 1.30 GPU and Azimer's Audio plug, with all the default settings (could this be my problem??). Goldeneye is playable, however, it gets choppy here and there. I was wondering if someone with a similar system, or otherwise, could tell me what's wrong or offer me some advice on what settings to change, etc. to make it run better. I am currently acquiring more ROMs so I can test how others run. I am new to this scene and it looks really cool, I'm really interested in nextgen emul8tion, and it looks all cool out here. Help would be sweet, thanks!!:cool: :cool:

S

·
0 Posts
it's choppy in the first level...an emulation error.
Play through the first level and after that it should go smooth

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i tried playing through the first three levels, the first level was a little choppier, but the second and third levels were also choppy. thanks for the info though!:cool: :cool:

·
Registered
310 Posts
I have an Athlon 1.2 w/ 256mb sdram on a GTS and Goldeneye is choppy too, its because emulation for Goldeneye is not yet perfect although it is playable. Or maybe there is something wrong with your config, try mario 64 if it too doesn't play smoothly then there is definitely something wrong with your settings.

·
Registered
158 Posts
its a known issue. if u look on smiffs site, it appears that this might be fixed for 1.4. but basically u get huge slowdowns, its a core prob. seriously not the best game to try as ur first on pj64.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks

thanks for the help, i got a bunch more roms and a lot of them are working great. i'll be around to share what i see too, thanks again !

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks

I have about 50 nintendo 64 games, including goldeneye and zelda 2 (majora's mask). despite the fact that I could just be making this up, i give you my word that it's true. so i guess me owning the game and then getting the rom is legal.

B

·
0 Posts
Don't take it that serious :lol: I also own ~ 60 N64 games ... and a few roms more ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.