Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, Gran Tourismo is the only game I own for PSX, and I bought it cos its awseome. When I was running Win98 I could play it in many emu's, now ePSXe is the ONLY PSX emu that works for me in XP. but my problem is GT will go to the piracy is bad screen, then it goes to the language selection screen, then when I pick English (Or any, I tried em all) it will go to a blank screen as if its loading and then just not do anything else. If anyone got it working, please let me know what plugins you use and what ver and more importantly, what setting you use for them.

My System is an Athlon 1600XP+, a Geforce3 (Original, not the TI), an SB Live Value and a couple of 7200 RPM ata 100 40 gig drives. When running off a CD I have the choice of 12X Samsung DVD or a 20X Ricoh Burner. Neither will progress past this point for me and neither will running the image I made (ISO).

Any help is appreciated, im burning to get back into this game and dont want to roll back to win 98 :(.

Thanks in advance

Blade

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, thanks for the suggestion, but that did nothing except make it run slower up to the point where it progresses no further :(. From what I have read, quite a few people are having issues with this too.

Cheers

Blade

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I got it working, by using the following configuration:

GPU = Pete's D3D Driver 1.56 running "Nice" settings with the res bumped up to 1600X1200 (My GF3 does not seem to like the OpenGL Driver by Pete)

SPU = Pete's DSound Audio Driver 1.14 with the CD Audio (Whatever its called) Turned off (It was a little choppy when on, but did work)

CDR Pete's CDR ASPI / IOCTL Driver 1.9 with the interface set to W2K/XP - IOCTL scsi commands and the read mode set to BE_2 (ATAPI APEC 2) (or auto detect)

The only other criteria which will lock it is if I change my view from in car to outside the car when the countdown is about to hit zero in Gran Tourismo. If I wait until the cars all take off then its fine.

Thanks to all for your help

Blade

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.