Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Hentai Guy...
134 Posts
What game did U Play? Is it happen for all games U tried? Try running 2D games (like disgaea) is it still slow? if Its running 2D games with full fps and less than half of full fps in 3D games, it means Ur system's not good enough to run PCSX2. Try experimenting with speed hack.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Your processor is too slow, it seems like it's the only reason. Laptops generally have lower clocked processors. They are clocked low because they are in tighter compartments. If they were clocked higher they would overheat.

You could try to overclock a little bit though I doubt it would help very much.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
of course i didnt pay that much for it it got it for 1,000 bucks from ebay.

but i just tried to play Tekken 5 i will try some more to check if it is just that game.

also how do i over clock my machine and what does that do?:dead:

·
Registered
37 Posts
You have to find the configuration in the BIOS. Some BIOS' lock the FSB and multiplier so you might not be able to overclock. That usually happens with ready made stuff like with HP or whatever.

If you aren't familiar with overclocking I suggest you google for a guide or walkthrough on the basics so you understand how the FSB, multiplier, and CPU speed all relate to each other.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Well you could try a bunch of different config settings. Things like 1.5x cycle rate help speed quite a bit but keep compatibility high. There's plenty of other options like enabling MTGS to take advantage of dual core CPUs.

Here's the official guide at PCSX2 forums: Official English guide

Here is a much simpler guide I have here but it touches base on far fewer things: PCSX2 - Playstation 2 Emulation - E-mpire Forums

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.