Next Generation Emulation banner

81 - 90 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
642 Posts
Actually i didn't have time yesterday to check if the saves work correctly and unfortunatelly they don't. It's probably the WiFi check problem mentioned earlier.
Is there a big problem with ati cards? I use drivers downloaded from HP site - catalyst identifies itself as version 8.391.7.2-080129a1-059302C-HP.
I've attached two screenshots - first with nearest mode on, and second with linear mode on, both have cpuz and gpuz in the background.

Also - i'm using release version, not the WIP mentioned in the topic.

And for the thing mentioned by SCHUMI-4-EVA, i use (what i believe is) unpatched rom. md5sum gives:
02a1af2a677d101394b1d99164a8c249 1015 - Pokemon Diamond (U)(Legacy).nds
With me continues the slowest...

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
And for the thing mentioned by SCHUMI-4-EVA, i use (what i believe is) unpatched rom. md5sum gives:
02a1af2a677d101394b1d99164a8c249 1015 - Pokemon Diamond (U)(Legacy).nds
Oh.....mjaniszewski2 is using an illegal rom.

·
Registered
45 Posts
With me continues the slowest...
Just in order to make sure, I tried downgrading to Catalyst 8.3, then upgrading to 8.4, 8.5, and the latest 8.6, and tried running NeonDS 0.2.0 with each of those versions, but it was no go - still 0-1fps for me, no matter which driver version I'm using.

- Agetian

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
Just in order to make sure, I tried downgrading to Catalyst 8.3, then upgrading to 8.4, 8.5, and the latest 8.6, and tried running NeonDS 0.2.0 with each of those versions, but it was no go - still 0-1fps for me, no matter which driver version I'm using.

- Agetian
You can stop messing up your system with different drivers :). The ATI problem was already identified. I'll try fix it and post a new version soon, probably this weekend.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
Everybody who has ATi card except mjaniszewski2 has problem with playing games on NeonDS,that's weird.
Incidentally his is the only ATI card with DX10 support aswell....not that the emu should use it...but it's still interesting to note

It's also the newest ATI card out of those that were tested.

Edit: Oops did not see this page. Thanks for finding and attempting to fix the problem Orz.

·
Registered
144 Posts
The emulator works great for me. Really great job so far. I haven't tried DS emulation because I already own one but I was impressed how well some of these games like Contra 4 and Elite Beat Agents run.

Windows XP SP3 32bit
NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GTS
AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3800+, MMX, 3DNow (2 CPUs),
3072 RAM

·
Registered
51 Posts
Just tested Final Fantasy IV on NeonDS 0.2.1. The speed is incredible as usual, and videos are working 100%. There're a few graphical glitches as a pink tone in the upper screen and a full pink screen during the curscenes. During the gameplay, there're some small black contourns in sprites and textures and the same text problem as No$GBA.

The emulator is getting better and better ;)

·
Registered
23 Posts
I havent had many problems

Ive tested the newest release on my laptop with next to no problems. the games that i tested it on were...
Animal Crossing Wild World - 14.8 to 16.8 fps. runs relatively smooth but some screens never get rendered making it so that you have to either reset or wonder around on a blue screen until something happens.
Avatar the last Airbender - 59.2 to 60.1 fps. again, runs pretty good but there is a problem with the speed of the game at times as well as the rendering of some of the terrain that you move over
Naruto Ninja Destiny - 56.5 - 61.3 fps. Runs a little slow but its tolerable. the models however dont get any further than maybe 3% rendered. also loading time is a little slow at parts.

My System Specs:
Acer Extensa 4420
Windows Vista home Premium
Amd Athlon 64 Dual-Core Processor TK-57 1.90 GHz
2GB Ram
32 Bit OS

81 - 90 of 90 Posts