Next Generation Emulation banner

61 - 80 of 90 Posts

·
Shadow
747 Posts
How can I see is my graphic card OpenGL 2.0 compatible?
My PC graphic card:ATi Radeon 9600 Series
My Laptop graphic card:ATi Radeon X1600

P.S.Do I have to post my PC or laptop specs?

·
Registered
828 Posts
Hi, I tested Rayman Raving Rabbids 2. The game works but has graphical bugs, like bunnies missing (only their clothes and stuff).

orz : a little tip : on DeSmuME, there was a bug that was causing glitches and even freezes in this game : it sends FIFO commands formatted like 0x1B000000 (NOP, NOP, NOP, MTX_SCALE) instead of 0x0000001B (MTX_SCALE, NOP, NOP, NOP). Your emu must handle this for this game to work correctly, DeSmuME wasn't handling it correctly, hence a freeze at start (and graphical bugs when hacking some stuff).

·
Registered
5,306 Posts
NHerve,

He will make this work because his emulator is awesome. I hope your emulator will do the same in the near future. :D

·
God of Juice
12 Posts
Hmm weird thing, I tried Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass on different emus and the only one that played it was ideas, both neonds and desmume acted the same giving a black screen with 1fps at the top but on ideas it played fine if the sound plugin was turned off however I couldn't play it any further than some point because it required microphone input which no emu has right now.

·
Registered
828 Posts
RockmanForte :
I don't see exactly what you're talking. If you're talking about Rayman Raving Rabbids 2, you must know that my emu can run it fine except light problems in mini-games (they're too bright).

·
Registered
5,306 Posts
RockmanForte :
I don't see exactly what you're talking. If you're talking about Rayman Raving Rabbids 2, you must know that my emu can run it fine except light problems in mini-games (they're too bright).
Yeah, I know. I am talking to NHerve. :)

I know.. My mistake knowing that it's work accord to you, sorry about that. :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
Downloaded NeonDS 0.2.0 from Download NeonDS | NeonDS and succefully ran

Pokemon Diamond
===============

Everything seems to work just fine (although there are some minor video glitches in both linear and nearest mode - short black line here and there and in linear mode some trees seem to have transparent leaves).
Game runs at 40 fps and that i believe is fine with the original, but for somebody used to play pokemon in VBA at 500% core speed and some frame drop, it actually is painfully slow. Also I can't see any save/load option - that'd be quite useful as well as already mentioned frame drop or core speed regulation.

My hardware:
HP Compaq 8510p laptop GR539AW
Ati Mobile Radeon HD 2600
2GB ram
Intel Core 2 Duo T7700
Windows XP Pro 32 bit

·
Walk, Walk, Walk Gatomon
124 Posts
No go for me, curse my Ati Radeon 9250 card, note to self get a new one.

Ah well at least I still have NO$GBA

just for the record the only thing I get is both screens in white not matter what game I try, on old versions of this emu I could run some games, guess now is because of that of the opengl 2.0 thing <_<

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,629 Posts
We could always just update the Wiki....

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
Downloaded NeonDS 0.2.0 from Download NeonDS | NeonDS and succefully ran

Pokemon Diamond
===============

Everything seems to work just fine (although there are some minor video glitches in both linear and nearest mode - short black line here and there and in linear mode some trees seem to have transparent leaves).
Game runs at 40 fps and that i believe is fine with the original, but for somebody used to play pokemon in VBA at 500% core speed and some frame drop, it actually is painfully slow. Also I can't see any save/load option - that'd be quite useful as well as already mentioned frame drop or core speed regulation.

My hardware:
HP Compaq 8510p laptop GR539AW
Ati Mobile Radeon HD 2600
2GB ram
Intel Core 2 Duo T7700
Windows XP Pro 32 bit
I'm curious how could pokemon is playable. Yes you can play it for the first time, but whenever you saved the game and want to load the save game from main menu, you'll get a "communication error" in the loading screen and not able to load a game. This problem is due to wifi hardware is still not emulated yet.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,629 Posts
Not to mention he has an ATI card with no issues....

His game might be patched by the way. Back when Pokemon Diamond and Pearl first came out a guy called Kingcom made an IPS patch for it which patched out that WiFi check and therefore the communication error which everybody used until no$gba and iDeaS became able to emulate the game without it. In fact the patch started crashing no$gba.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Actually i didn't have time yesterday to check if the saves work correctly and unfortunatelly they don't. It's probably the WiFi check problem mentioned earlier.
Is there a big problem with ati cards? I use drivers downloaded from HP site - catalyst identifies itself as version 8.391.7.2-080129a1-059302C-HP.
I've attached two screenshots - first with nearest mode on, and second with linear mode on, both have cpuz and gpuz in the background.

Also - i'm using release version, not the WIP mentioned in the topic.

And for the thing mentioned by SCHUMI-4-EVA, i use (what i believe is) unpatched rom. md5sum gives:
02a1af2a677d101394b1d99164a8c249 1015 - Pokemon Diamond (U)(Legacy).nds

61 - 80 of 90 Posts