Next Generation Emulation banner

41 - 60 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
OK, I just tested the emulator on my laptop, and it works fine (35-45 fps in New Super Mario Bros., average ~40fps in games I tested in general, looking fast and smooth, and very nice overall!). My laptop specs are:

Intel Core 2 Duo T5600 @ 1,73Ghz
1536MB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 7600

That makes me wonder... since the emulator doesn't require a dual-core CPU to run, it must be something with my videocard (ATI Radeon X1800 GTO) that makes the emulator perform badly... I tried upgrading to the latest Catalyst but that didn't seem to help. The only guy with a similar problem reported in this thread also seems to have a problem on an ATI Radeon-powered PC...

Speaking of other observations, I really liked how the emulator performed on my laptop. I haven't played much, but from what I've seen the 3D looks very smooth. I noticed that for some reason, in New Super Mario Bros. the stylus emulation didn't work (so I couldn't click the buttons in the menu with my mouse), but other than that, everything looked really good - thanks a lot for the release again!

- Agetian

·
Rpcs3 user :D
780 Posts
I tested the emu and I got 55-60 in Super Mario 64 DS, and really good looking graphics!! Thanks Orz :D

·
God of Juice
12 Posts
I'll have some pics and specs from the games:
Mario and Luigi - Partners in Time
Super Mario Bros DS
Zelda Phantom Hourglass
Dragonball Z Goku Densetsu
Worms Open Warfare 2
Harvest Moon DS
Ninja Gaiden Dragon Sword
Mega Man Star Force 2 Zerker X Ninja

tomorrow most of them run but freeze and some play perfectly.

·
Registered
5,306 Posts
I had test Zelda, Ninja gaiden, Mario and Megaman Star Force already reporting to Orz two days ago.

New Super Mario Bros is fully playable with some glitches on the bottom like black background.

Zelda - Unplayable with Nintendo Logo then blue
screen

Ninja gaiden - Unplayable because of no sprites.

Megaman Star Force 2 Zerker X Ninja - It froze on me during battle when
overusing the card command. :)

·
780 Posts
These are some games that I tested using the new NeonDS

Children of Mana: Almost Playable, crashed when I try to enter in a house
Lego Indiana Jones: Fully Playable, at least until I played the game :thumb:

·
Registered
45 Posts
OK, here's a little report of playability (as tested on the laptop C2D T5600 @ 1,73Ghz, 1536MB RAM, GeForce 7600):

LEGO Star Wars - the game appears playable; both screens flicker a bit during the introduction and in the menu. Very smooth and fast ingame (avg ~50fps on my not-so-fast and not-too-modern laptop), with minor glitches such as the life scores, the "true jedi" meter, and two rows of heart symbols being on the screen at all times during the gameplay (this is typical for other emulators too btw, not only NeonDS).

Final Fantasy Tactics A2 - missing graphics (characters are invisible in the intro, the title "Final Fantasy Tactics" is missing in the menu, just the "A2" part is visible, etc).

Yoshi's Island DS - graphics flickering from time to time (both ingame and in the intro screens/menu), the infamous world 1-3 bug is also present, making the game unbeatable (similar to other emulators). Otherwise runs very fast, I have to limit it to 60fps in order to play it normally. Btw, another observation: whenever I don't have the limit to 60fps option set, the game runs at 100+ fps but it runs absolutely smoothly; whenever I set the "limit to 60fps" option, the fps is capped at 60 fps as necessary, but the motion appears a little bit "jerky".

And also, answering another question...

There someone here thats own a Athlon XP or X1650 PRO (ATI) and have tested the emulator? (Im my pc always runs low 0-3 fps)
Yup, a few posts ago I made a similar report, I own an ATI X1800 GTO and it also runs slow like that, usually at 0-1fps. At the same time, the emulator works fine on my laptop that has an NVIDIA card in it. It seems it's something that is specific to ATI Radeon videocards. I tried upgrading my videocard drivers and changing some of the settings in the control panel but it didn't help, so I'm afraid there's little we can do at the moment.

- Agetian

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,629 Posts
Sweet to see ya back Orz :D

Anyways gonna check it soon...seeing as I also have an ATI card though I expect my results to also be poor.

Edit: Yeah Absolutely no go for me....moving at less than 1 FPS so any game I tried did not even get past the Nintendo logo even after being left alone for 5 minutes.

·
God of Juice
12 Posts
Games

Dragon Ball Z Goku Denetsu
====================
Fully playable, some minor graphic corruption but minor. A quickstate saver would be nice for this one since if you die you have to start the whole level from the begining.

Harvest Moon DS
=============
Some graphic corruption in the touchscreen at first then when New Game appears you can't press it, seems like it doesn't take any touchscreen input.

Worms Open Warfare 2
=================
Graphic corruption in the logos, fmv plays relatively fine afterwords and then nothing, it freezes with a black screen.

Megaman Starforce 2 is actually not playable since it froze on me during battle when overusing the card command.

·
Registered
5,306 Posts
Megaman Starforce 2 is actually not playable since it froze on me during battle when overusing the card command.
You are right. I have the same problem. Report.

Edit: What about Megaman Star Force - Dragon, Leo, Pegasus ??? Can you test it to see if it is the same problem issues ? Thanks.

·
780 Posts
Megaman Star Force: Dragon is very playable but I haven't tested the game for more that a few minutes :yawn:. It has some corrupts graphics in the intro :( The speed is 60fps almost constantly :thumb:

·
Registered
642 Posts
Edit: Yeah Absolutely no go for me....moving at less than 1 FPS so any game I tried did not even get past the Nintendo logo even after being left alone for 5 minutes.
The same occors with me... see my sig, I was thinking CPU' problems... but seems GPU....

for me..
no go for me....moving at less than 1 FPS so any game I tried did not even get past the Nintendo logo even after being left alone for 5 minutes

·
Registered
5,306 Posts
Off the point.. You have March 2008 9.0c.. try to update for June 2008 9.0c already out last month. :D

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,629 Posts
Update to Catalyst 8.5 or later Dreampeppers ..... it's not the cause of the problem....but it will fix your OpenGL...

·
Registered
5,306 Posts
Why would a DirectX update affect openGL implementation on the driver? Please, stop recommending useless updates for the current matter.
Did I say openGL? Read it again... I said off the point and update DirectX because maybe he didnt know it was out in june 2008.. So stop misunderstood what I say, ok ? Thanks.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Off the point.. You have March 2008 9.0c.. try to update for June 2008 9.0c already out last month. :D
I don't even know it. Thanks !
Update to Catalyst 8.5 or later Dreampeppers ..... it's not the cause of the problem....but it will fix your OpenGL...
Thanks again, one time I update my driver and get so many problems... I'll try again...

Well, the point is who has an ATI is (in meantime) out of use this ! :(
Why can do that? I'm so curious... it's weird at least for me...

41 - 60 of 90 Posts