Next Generation Emulation banner

21 - 40 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
IS this playable on a geforce 6150le? 0_0 I googled it and got some weird statistics :rolleyes:
EDIT: From what my eyes can gather from google. I'm guessing, no. XD ITsays it supportd shader model 3.0 but gah wheres Sash when you need him? :D
All hardware produced by NVidia from Geforce FX 5200 supports GLSL. That, of course, includes the series 6. Even if that, it's a whole different matter the performance you'll get. So, yes, your card is compatible. And I was busy, I can't be answering here all day :p

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
jen28,

you shouldn't show too many screenshots. He said it is okay to show a few but for many should be sent to PM only for bugs and problems.

·
Registered
642 Posts
First thanks for this amazing emulator!

Well I made one test on NeonDS_0.2.0wip

1. CPU: Athlon XP 2400+ (2.0 Ghz) Single Core
  2. RAM: 1GB DDR
  3. GPU: ATI X1650 PRO 512MB
  4. S.O: Windows Professional XP SP2
Crash of Titans (3D Game - Plataform)
99% CPU
34 MB de RAM
INGAME (NoT Playable)

Just start, choose the language and game goes slows 0 - 3FPS...

General Observations (this is a W.I.P.)

* It's need to close and open the emulator to change the current game.
* If I run NeonDS (before chose a game) and click on Refresh button, the program raise an error.
* I changed the Texture Cache Memory to higher (128) after this, no one game should work, I have to delete the nvram file and all things came back fine.

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
First thanks for this amazing emulator!

Well I made one test on NeonDS_0.2.0wip

1. CPU: Athlon XP 2400+ (2.0 Ghz) Single Core
  2. RAM: 1GB DDR
  3. GPU: ATI X1650 PRO 512MB
  4. S.O: Windows Professional XP SP2
Crash of Titans (3D Game - Plataform)
99% CPU
34 MB de RAM
INGAME (NoT Playable)

Just start, choose the language and game goes slows 0 - 3FPS...

General Observations (this is a W.I.P.)

* It's need to close and open the emulator to change the current game.
* If I run NeonDS (before chose a game) and click on Refresh button, the program raise an error.
* I changed the Texture Cache Memory to higher (128) after this, no one game should work, I have to delete the nvram file and all things came back fine.
Really ? This game is fine to me but with some graphic errors and the speed is fine with Limit 60 fps:

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
No, Zelda is not playable. It shown Nintendo logo then blue screen on the top and black screen on the bottom.

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
No problem. You are welcome. :D;)

I already report to Orz through pm with screenshots and got his message already and you should report him through pm too. He seems to prefer pm instead of here because here is okay for few screenshots and thats about it. He is now working on clean up something and wait for next version soon! :D

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Hi all:
Thank you all for offering me help on testing the emulator. After sent this post I felt a little bit hard to response to each of all your warm-hearted people, and at the same time, the feedback from the early testers was rather satisfying. So, several minutes ago I uploaded a new emulator build on neonds.com website and if you are interested, go download and have a try.
Forum administrators:
I also added a ngemu forum link on my website so that people can post there feedback here. Please let me know if you do not want me to do so for some reason, thanks!

·
God of Juice
12 Posts
Super Mario 64 DS & Wario MoD

I turned on limiting because this emu goes too fast !!! :D
The framerate is almost all the time 61 - 64 with minor drops but acceptable the only thing that that does is to make it look like it is having a bit of slowdowns. Some minor graphic issues like cluttering graphics when changing screens and disappearing text in Wario and in SM64 missing shadows. So here are the cons and pros so far:

General
Pros: Better frame rate in fact the best frame rate of all emulators, smoother graphics with what looks like antialising.
Cons: No sound but I think this is intended.

Super Mario 64 DS:
Pros: Smoother textures, no missing textures or graphical anomalies, very good frame rate, transparency in the water which none of the other emus had, no teleporting like most of the other emus had.
Cons: Missing shadows, some missing transparency in the touchscreen.

Wario Master of Disguise:
Pros: Very good frame rate, smoother textures, some dialog boxes that don't appear in other emus.
Cons: Graphic cluttering, disappearing text in dialog boxes.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I tried it with two games for now, and so far they worked pretty well.

Castlevania: Dawn of sorrow had some weird brightness issues with its backgrounds. They were really bright while the sprites were darker, and sometimes if there's a 3d background they liked to turn black or transparent.

The other game, higurashi only needs a 90 degrees screen rotation to work fine.

Other than that they worked pretty well, considering my specs pretty much suck.

Specs being:
Code:
Geforce FX 6100 256 mb vram, amd sempron 3000+, 2 gb ram, windows xp sp2.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Orz, I sent you a PM with screenshots and my report. Neon DS is pretty fast but it has some graphical glitches and freezes. Great work, I really enjoyed the test.

·
将軍
558 Posts
I tested "Mugen no Frontier: Super Robot Wars OG Saga", and my specs are:

Pentium Dual Core E2160 1.8 Ghz
GeForce 8400
2 GB Ram

Here are the results, the game run at 33 Fps but I think it´s because my system, the graphics are good but there are a big problem in this game, when you finish a battle nothing else happen I mean the emu stop there, in the DS after a battle two characters appear in front of the screen, speak a little and then you return to the map screen, this not happen in the emu, but everthing else is fine. Cheers:thumb:.

View attachment 164066
View attachment 164067

Here is the bug:
View attachment 164068

·
Drowning in a red state.
9,082 Posts
Does anyoine else think that compatibility was sacrificed for speed?
Its still a nice emu though. 1--+ fps in everygame I tried...but to many graphical issues to play X_X.

·
Registered
45 Posts
It's nice to see a new release, awesome job, orz! :)

Unfortunately, for some reason my PC isn't able to handle this emulator (even though I'm quite sure that I should theoretically be getting better results). My system specs are:

Intel Pentium 4 3,4Ghz
2048MB DDR2 RAM
ATI Radeon X1800 GTO 256MB

No matter what game I try (I tried New Super Mario Bros, Final Fantasy 3, Contra 4, and Sonic Rush Adventure), the emulator drops to 0-1fps just a second after it starts, so usually I have to wait for a minute or two for the initial logo to start appearing. Is it just me doing something wrong? Or is it something is my system? I'm pretty sure Radeon X1800 is OpenGL 2.0 capable (correct me if I'm wrong...).

I'll test it later on my laptop which has a NVIDIA 7600 card in it, and a dual-core CPU, and see if it performs better there. Seeing that most people have more than satisfactory speeds with the new NeonDS, I'm pretty sure it's something I'm doing wrong or just my system...

Good job orz, thank you very much for a new release! :)

- Agetian

21 - 40 of 90 Posts