Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Read Only
9,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello!

My problem is that I have a Linksys broadband router and I can't establish a connection trough the wan port.

The only connection that is working is when i put the modem cable on lan port 1 and the pc cable on lan port 2, 3 or 4. oO

Now this little problem is stoping me from configuring the router and enter the 192.168.15.1 setup page.

Can anyone help me with this.

Don't know if the problem is my modem which is a speedstream 5200 or with my internet service provider.

Edit:
Finally found the solution to my problem, the thing was that i have to configure first from the installation cd and then put the cable in the wan port.

Now my next question would be...

How can I add a wireless router to my linksys broadband router?

·
Canadian Spaceman
8,767 Posts
To use a wireless router with your wired router, you need to disable DHCP on one or the other. I would suggest disabling dhcp on the wireless router and using it as more of an AP.

What will happen is the wireless router will broadcast wireless like normal and *should* get assigned an ip from DHCP on your wired router. Frankly though I would give an assignment such as 192.168.0.1 to your wired, and 192.168.0.2 to your wireless router.

Depending on if you are lucky, or the routers just like you then you may not need to do anything more with the router configurations. Then when you configure your wireless clients you should set them as static ip's using the wired router's ip address for your gateway and DNS address. The LAN ip you assign should not matter, so maybe 192.168.0.100.

Hope that helps.

·
Read Only
9,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the help.

But the thing is that i can't get into the configuration of the wireless router which is 192.168.0.1.

I only can get to the wire router 192.168.0.15.

But as soon as I find the way to enter the configuration i will do the things that you say.

Thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.