Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking extensively on this site for how to operate cheat codes for no$gba, but all of the topics seem to be about DS mode.

I tried to use both Gameshark and Action Replay cheats for the Yu-Gi-Oh World Championship 2006 game (in GBA mode). I'm fairly certain that my codes are correct, but when I enter the code itself in the little 'Add New' box, the box won't close--I just get the little 'error' noise. Needless to say, the cheats are NOT working.

This looks like it's supposed to be very easy, but mine keeps being glitchy. Help me please!

Oh, I'm using version 2.6 of the emulator.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Get Visual Boy Advance for gba emulation, that I have seen it is by far the best.

It is small, as far as I have seen 100% compatability, easy to use, does not need a extra program to go full screen, working snapshot saves, games can be run without being unzipped, and you can speed up the emulator something like 300-500% by holding space bar.

As far as I have seen, what I remember anyway, it is flawless but I am biased so it is up to you. Unfortunately it has been dead since around '05.

SourceForge.net: VisualBoyAdvance: Downloading ...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I kind of wanted to avoid the VBA because it's no longer in development. , plus I just like being able to use no$gba for everything.

Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

·
Registered
26 Posts
As far as we know No$GBA is dead to, it has a active community but has not had a new version released or even a post by it's developer in over a year. And the donation part of the site is broken so people cant even get the newest version, so you can count it as out of development for 2 years for those who did not donate when it still worked.

I suppose I am just biased, I often miss the emulator speed up button and snapshot saves when using no$, this is a great emulator but VBA is just the pinacle of gba emulation to me. That and I never considered No$ a GBA emulator only NDS.

Sorry that I am not answering your question, at least I am bumping your post. All I can suggest is try redownloading from another source and try putting in codes on a different game to see if the bug still happens. You could also try using someone else's computer to put in the codes then copy over the file if it works. Good Luck.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Personal experience, and I did say as far as I remember. I do not put much stock in my memory lol.

·
No$gba Philosopher
548 Posts
For the cheat codes to work,
1. Did you use caps on?
2. Did you press enter?
3. Did you change lines?
4. Are there any spaces?
----------------------------
If it works,
5. did you check the box? 口 <-- This one checked with a "v"?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I experimented a little more with it since I last posted. Al of the GameShark codes give me that error I mentioned. However, one of the Action Replay codes doesn't give me that error. However, the button that I'm supposed to check is causing another problem--when I click it, it asks me to enter code modifiers instead of just being checked or unchecked, like I thought it was supposed to.

Sorry these questions are so low-level.

Oh, one more thing: Should I have the 'Raw' button checked or unchecked when entering a cheat code?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.