Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,Gals..fact damn it anyone..

Hope someone can help me out with a few bits`n bobs.
This PSX Emu is fan-bloomin-tastic stuff, my mates sick as a dog cos he just bought a PSOne and my Puter now does it better and everything else as well as!!
Anyway enough...Colin Mcrae rally ( I know its an oldie but goodie) Can anyone help me out with some configs??...I have a Pioneer DVD ROM drive (50x read i think) and a LG CDRW (42x read again..i think) and a TNt2 32 meg Grafix card. The game runs fine, but the sound it reads off the CDROM (like the voices and stuff (when in the rally school and the opening video sequence for example)) are all jittery. ive tried all sorts of configs. Does anyone have any advice?? or is this normal when using an EMU to emulate a game??
Other than this..im a very happy bunny!! :D

Cheers for any help you folks can give me!!!

Andy

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
well whats your processor speed? if it's slower then mine then that may be why. Also, this does this on another game, Metal Gear Solid. Which blows........ But it will probably be fixed in the new version of ePSXe when it comes.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers for the replies...good to know that least Im not totally brain dead yet!!
Just if it helps...the spec of my system is as follows:-

AMD Athlon 1.2Ghz (type C)
256m PC133 RAM
32Meg TNT2 Grafix card
LG CDRW
16x DVDROM
Vibra 128 Soundcard.

Is there anyone that has a similar config?? Im interested as to what I should at least start from??
Also would it help if I ran the EMU from DOS?? or is Windows ME OK??

Andy

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ummmm..yep...is this a very very very very bad thing to do...

I thought it may be, but I figured, what with the system being half decent, I may get away with it..

If i do have to run it in DOS mode, do I have to load the DOS CD drivers, or do i just forget about it and run the EMU? and let it handle the CD Drivers??

Maybe i was a bit quick in thinking I wasnt brain dead!!

Cheers

Andy

·
Registered
28 Posts
UH...i dont think it really matters....the game runs faster in dos mode or FULL screen..no its a video thing not a cd thing...and you dont have to do anything but change the video config to full screen...try it out to see what works best....if your happy with your performance in windowed mode...than leave it that way...your comp shows mine way up, so it probably wont matter for you....:)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
:D Maybe the computer doesnt run up to full speed until Ive finished paying for it!!..wonder if i can fool it thinking Ive paid off my visa bilL!!

Anyway...Cheers for your help, i`ll shoot home tonight and try to get the thing to run better in DOS, it can only help I guess if nothings running in the background...like Windows!!

Oh and can anyone just let me know the web address for Petes plug ins??...I was going to see if there were any updates, or whatever to get over this jittery sound Im getting. Did we settle on it was a CD problem?? or a video problem??..or is it even worth me changing the BIOS??( I currently run SCPH7502) im wondering if it`ll run better with say the 5000 series??

Cheers

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
What is all this talk about running ePSXe in DOS???
afaik ePSXe is strictly a Windows program.

if your jitterly sound problem is caused by a slow system (tho i dont think an athlon 1.2g is anything near slow! it coulda been the sound card) you might find it helpful to lower the sample rate, like change from 44khz to 22, in your spu config.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Try running the game from an iso instead of the cd, download cdrwin to do this. i always use iso's the run much better and load a lot quicker!!!:D you might be missing some sound(iso's for some reason leave out certain samples) but apart from that the sound should be ok!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts