Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
EDIT : Solved. Look like the emulator just don't recognize the name of the folder because the non-unicode language I set for the Windows is English, instead of the original language.

Hello.

I've got a problem with Visual Boy Advance Emulator, and I would be glad if anyone could help me.

I'm currently using Windows 7 64bit. I'm currently using Avast! antivirus, Spybot, and Super Anti Spyware (free version, so, no real-time scan)

I can use SNES9XW and ZNES, and other emulators, even NEStopia, just fine. My visual boy advance used to work fine too, but one day, it just stop woking. I can't open any rom by it.

Whenever I tried to open any rom, the error message will pop up. It says:
Error
----------------------------------------
Can't open (the name of the file and location of the rom)

[ok]

Like this

If I opened the file from zipped rom,then another message will pop up. It says:

Error
-----------------------------------------------------------
Unsupported file type: (the name and location of the rom)

[ok]

Another thing I've noticed is that whenever I tried to change the emulator setting, it will reset to default when I re-open it.

I even tried VBA-M, but the result is the same.

Please help me. : ( and Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
5,082 Posts
using a non unicode enabled locale will break any application that uses special characters and symbols not implemented in the character table.

vba-m doesn't support internal unicode browsing, it does so via the windows native api's so a misrepresented folder path would break things
it can internally decode unicode labelled files and archives though

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.