Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, i have a really big problem with my computer! it won't start up. the monitor displays nothing, and it beeps 3 times during startup, and then completely freezes! does anyone have any idea what could be the matter? i'd appreciate a response!

cheers

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i took the graphics card out, and the sane thing happenned. so it must be the ram. will i have to buy some more RAM, or is the ram i have at the moment fixable?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Honestly as a somewhat computer wiz i should agree with balem,

check to see if your memory modules are loose or something. that's usually the problem. If it's not that, than something else must be loose.

Oh and is this really the place to post this?

·
Registered
46 Posts
you can try placing and replacing it/them. If you have more than one Check to see if they're the same. This usually happens if one is PS 133 and the others PS 100. If that's the case than one of them could break. I've experienced this once.

If it's broke then you should take it to the tech center from where you bought it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
all i know is that my motherboard is a Gigabyte, AMD motherboard. the RAM is have is 128mb of 133mhz ram. cheers!

·
Registered
513 Posts
>i'll try that instaed
Make sure it's rated to work at the FSB of your motherboard. Otherwise you're going to be adding another unstable element to your problem.

S

·
0 Posts
This topic does not really belong in the ePSXe forum, so I'm moving it to hardware discussion.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
For me it's your CPU that is bad placed,try to move it.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
As Stated earlier the beeps indicate a problem. The number of beeps indicate different problems. I suggest looking in your motherboard owner's manual for a list of what the different beeps mean as it varies from board to board. Or you could even try to find a forum that specializes in these exact problems. ehehe I'm not trying to be sarcastic.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts