1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello,

I'm new here.
I'm also new with emulators.
I'm from Holland and my English isn't very good.

I have tried to play FFX and FFX2 on an emulator. But I can't get it to work.
I have tried the ePSXe and the pcsx2.
I have tried lots of plugins and different configurations.
I want to play with an original Ps2 game.

With ePSXe:
When I want to run the game I get a black screen.
I can run the bios. So that's not the problem.
When I want to run the game with I hear my dvd player is working. So I think the cdrom is correctly configured.

With pcsx2:
When I want to run the game, the emulator exits and nothing happends. 1 minute after that my computer is stuck.

Can someone please help me.

I really want to play the games !

·
Registered
654 Posts
PSX emulation is PS1 emulation only. That includes ePSXe, sssPSX, PSXeven, Bleem, PCSX, VGS, and PS Emu Pro.

You want PS2 emulation. To the best of my knowledge, no PS2 emulator can fully run any games yet. The only one I know of is PCSX2, and it's not complete enough to run games yet.

You're going to have to play the games on a real PS2.

Dan

·
Registered
654 Posts
If you don't possess a PS2 any more, then it's not legal for you to have a copy of the PS2 BIOS (i.e. the PS2 ROM), which is needed in order to use an emulator.

If what you meant is that you have a PS2, but it's broken, then you might be able to fix it - depending on what's wrong with it. If what's wrong with it is the infamous "Disc Read Error", and it's out of warranty, then you can find advice on fixing that problem >>>HERE<<<. If you have trouble with those instructions because of your limited English skills, let me know - I may have a solution to that problem as well.

Dan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.