Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone can help me here please...

everytime i run ePSXe and go to Run ISO i got this error "ePSXe: [SLUS_008.92;1] is not a EXE" file....

by the way the the cd that i was trying to play Final Fantasy IIIV i burn the cd onto .BIN Image

then when i try to run the game i got an error. what should i do about this?

By the way my system is a Dual OS: Windows 98 2nd Edition & Microsoft Windows 2000,GenuineIntel x86 family x Model 8 Stepping 6 550 mhz, Asus Cd rom 50x, Memory 128 of RAM, Video no 3d Card.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Can anyone here can suggest the best plugins for my Speci.. please reply asap.

and i forgot the program that i use in burning a cd onto iso is BlindRead 3.0.2.1 any one here can tell me if what is the best program in burning a cd into ISO files and compatible in eSPXe Emu

and thanks in advance...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hmmm :yawn: i already tried the isobuster after i copied the cd and try to run the ISO that i copied..the game crash in cinematics of Final Fantasy IIIV in Disk 1 (first cinematic) :eyespin:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Betamax, i downloaded the ISObuster again.. then this is the step that i have done

1. Open IsoBuster
2. Select the Drive (specific drive where the game ff8 located)
3. then i click the "CD" another one appear "Session 1" then i click Session 1 then i see the "Track 1" right click on it and i select "Extract Track 1 to/Extract RAW Data (2352 bytes/block) (*.Bin,*.Iso).
4. after i copied the game i try to run the Bin file in ePSXe emu. i choose the Kazzuya Software driver then.
5. Open ISO click on the "Track 1.Bin" the game run but in the Cinematics mode in the beggining of the game i got the black screen.... :confused:

why? the screen black and there is an error when i try to config my Video "The procedure entry point SMapLS_IP_EBP_20 could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll."

Can please any one help me i really appreciate your help:( ....

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
You forgot to patch it didn't you ;)

Download a patch from a website (the only one that I know of that has it is not allowed to be named on this board. for you version (US, UK, GER, FRA etc) and ppf-o-matic and use these to patch the iso. The game should run then.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
* Running ePSXe emulator version 1.4.0.
* Memory handlers init.
* ePSXe: PSX BIOS loaded [D:\ePSXe\bios\Scph1001.bin].
* Init ISO code ... ok
* Doing init gpu...
* Gpu open...
* Direct input init ok.
* Doing spu init...
* Spu open...
* NTSC cdrom detected.
* Closing spu ...
* Closing gpu ...
* Shutdown gpu ...
* Closing ISO system.
Opcode 3f UNK (PC 00000000) (1002,15)
:confused:
what this error mean? :( i already patch the ISO using "Final Fantasy 8 Protection Fix & +146 Trainer, Version ITA PAL, Creator Group BAD.
can u please help me...Betamax...thanks by the way for the reply's

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
erm are you sure that it is the right patch? That patch is for the Italian language version. Seeing how your from the Philippines I would have though it would be the US version. Or an I making an A$$ of myself:).

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i try to patch to the game in Us version patch the intro of us version work but the the gives me a black screen im so confusing now....huhuhu any choice that can u help me please....

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
what plugins are you using?
looking at the id code, it looks like a US version so try a US NTSC patch. i might also try switching the bios to the scph7502.bin.

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
I'd say that you have the mdec switched off. For some reason the option to switch them back on was removed from the emu so you have to use epsxecutor to switch them on. Heres a screenshot.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
By the way my system is a
Dual OS: Windows 98 2nd Edition & Microsoft Windows 2000
Mother Board: GenuineIntel x86 family x Model 8 Stepping 6
Processor : 550 mhz
Cd rom: Asus Cd rom 50x
Memory: 128 of RAM
now i Upgrade video card to Nvidia RivaTNT2 Model 64

i use Pete D3d Driver 1.50
and Iori's DirectSound Driver 1.4
Pete's CDR ASPI Driver 1.5 <--- is in default i don't is this also important?

what is the best eSPXe plugin for this system?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
:confused: the movie of ff8 can run now but in the battle between squall and siefer the game stuck...why?

:cool: what i mentioned above that i upgrade video only not the processors....

thank you Betamax for your full support for helping me and Bgnome...i really appreciate you help.

i change my video config. to
Kazzuya Software Driver (ALPHA) 1.6 <--- the game run nicely the pete D3D plugin i haven't test yet...
and i use Pete's DSound Audio Driver 1.10 <--- the sound good also...

thanks again Betamax....more power to you and god bless! ;)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
huh? another black screen? in Zell's Cinematics? can i ask about this Betamax why i got the black screen? by the way this is the settings of my video using Pete's D3D

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
:confused: d/l a memorycard? :eyespin: i already go to the site of gamefaqs but i ididn't find anything about this :mad: .. and in ff8 i got the blur battle :confused: in Fire Cavern but in World map the battle work nice... i already tried the petes open gl but it run to poor in my system :eek: .. what if i use daemon is this good also? btw, i download daemon tools but when i try to click "Run Cdrom" the game not run i and i change the setting of cdrom notting happened you know how to assign the cdrom so that every autorun cd automatically go to the Phantom Cdrom not in Original CDrom? :confused: can you help me about this please... sorry for to many many many questions...i new in espxe i dont know how to config this if there is any prob.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I need help saving states. I press f2 then i go to a state slot and I push some buttons butt i'm not sure which button to push i never can seem to save the state please tell me which button to push!

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
Eh? still Black?:confused: With the mdecs on? This one has me stumped.

As for Daemon some ppl find that it improves performance. You must tell both the plugin (assuming its not the internal one) and the emulator to use the phantom drive. Also don't forget to mount the iso.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts