Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, ive been playing ff7 on epsxe. I actually decided to buy the game on my ps3, but now i have a problem. Do i start over with over 7 hours of gametime, or is there a way to convert .mcr to .psv?

Someone help, I really want to beat ff7 for the first time but i dont want to start over.

I attached the save so if anyone can convert it can you do it for me please? View attachment 206588

Thank you to whoever can help me in this perilous situation.

·
Registered
202 Posts
well, no there is no way to get the game from the emulator to a ps3. The .psv format is a special format made by sony and nobody has been able to crack it to make a converter to convert saves to .psv version.

Since the 60GB PS3 is no longer sold I don't think any converter will be made.

The only way you could possibly move the save to the PS3 is to get a action replay for PS1, not sure if they made one for the PS1 or not, or in any case some device to transfer a game save from the PC to a PS1 memory card, then use the PS3 memory card adaptor to move the save over to the PS3.

So long story short, you are probably just better off restarting your game.

There is a way to get a save from .psv to a .mcr but sadly not the other way around.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
well, no there is no way to get the game from the emulator to a ps3. The .psv format is a special format made by sony and nobody has been able to crack it to make a converter to convert saves to .psv version.

Since the 60GB PS3 is no longer sold I don't think any converter will be made.

The only way you could possibly move the save to the PS3 is to get a action replay for PS1, not sure if they made one for the PS1 or not, or in any case some device to transfer a game save from the PC to a PS1 memory card, then use the PS3 memory card adaptor to move the save over to the PS3.

So long story short, you are probably just better off restarting your game.

There is a way to get a save from .psv to a .mcr but sadly not the other way around.
stop posting:rolleyes:

PS1 saves on PS3 - Eyes on Final Fantasy Forums

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.