Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, before any showing, my anime club always shows 4 AMVs and a PV. For our next meeting, it'll be my turn. Here's the thing, we normally have a lot of pop song crap so I really want to show the club something refreshing. I'm going for a combo of jazzy and progressive rock. Here's what I have so far:

YouTube - Reel Big Fish - Hungry Like A Wolf
YouTube - Scatman AMV
YouTube - sambomaster-世界ã¯ãれを愛ã¨å‘¼ã¶ã‚“ã ãœ
and one that my friend made which is Gurren Lagann set to Lets See How Far We've Come.

Anyway, I'm one AMV short. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
K, first off.....stop making AMVs. Everytime I go to youtube I have to wade through a sea of them if I search for anything that could be remotely construed as an anime title. They're stupid and they only go to prove that anime fans care more about cartoons striking cool poses to a musical track than they do about artwork, real animation, characters, or story.

If you insist in continuing your mission, however, you could give Infected Mushroom a shot.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
K, first off.....stop making AMVs.

...where did I say that I make AMVs? We find good AMVs online and show them at club meetings before every showing.

Rikki, that has some of the best editting I have ever seen in an AMV. Nice find!

Any other takers?

·
Super Moderator
13,064 Posts
Rikki, that has some of the best editting I have ever seen in an AMV. Nice find!
The fullresolution version is much nicer/less ugly.
Any other takers?

- "Another Action AMV", by Sayan Pride (serie: Tenjho Tenge)
Full resolution version can be downloaded from here:
++| A M V - Video Information: ANOTHER ACTION AMV

The quality of the youtube versions of these 2 videos is actually very low, compared to the highquality versions.

·
Your resident reaper...
6,031 Posts
...where did I say that I make AMVs? We find good AMVs online and show them at club meetings before every showing.

Any other takers?
Oh, don't take Spyhop personally on this topic. He loathes any and all things to do with the Japanese anime/manga society :p

I don't personally watch AMVs myself anymore, because what Spyhop said is quite true. Most of the ones made in the past few years have been just amateurs slapping together their favorite scenes with emo or generic music. I'll see what I can dig up from my AMV obsessed friends however...they probably have a library full :lol:

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't personally watch AMVs myself anymore, because what Spyhop said is quite true. Most of the ones made in the past few years have been just amateurs slapping together their favorite scenes with emo or generic music. I'll see what I can dig up from my AMV obsessed friends however...they probably have a library full :lol:
Trust me, I know. I"m one of the harshest AMV critics you'll ever meet. 99% of AMVs I've watched are pure garbage. This is why I'm asking for AMVs here, I don't think I'd survive an afternoon of sifting through Youtube. I'd rather have someone pull out my eyeballs and pour fire ants into the sockets.

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
K, first off.....stop making AMVs. Everytime I go to youtube I have to wade through a sea of them if I search for anything that could be remotely construed as an anime title. They're stupid and they only go to prove that anime fans care more about cartoons striking cool poses to a musical track than they do about artwork, real animation, characters, or story.

If you insist in continuing your mission, however, you could give Infected Mushroom a shot.

90% of them r mine :D

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
i would recommend foo fighter:the best of you <woot ....hcr already recommended it>
and foo fighters: my hero<can easily create an amv with a comic superstar working in the video.......>

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
Any of the AMV Hells

1 - 14 of 14 Posts