Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been out of the console world for a few generations now. (To give you an idea Final Fantasy XIII was my last big investment, time-wise.)
I'm not an avid gamer but tuning the world out and killing a few hours is something I miss.
think I'm leaning towards a Switch. SUPER SMASH and ZELDA are two appealing gaming experiences I miss. (Plus, I hear you can play online now??)
(Honestly, my main resistance is that I might lose out on some fun non-Nintendo games -- including the upcoming Final Fantasy VII remake which I so want to try, but something's got to give.)
I currently use the Amazon Firestick, which isn't the best for streaming purposes, so a replacement (which I don't think the switch can be) would have been welcomed.
If anyone has a different recommendation (or if the Switch is two days
https://wordcounter.onl/https://vidmate.onl/

away from being obsolete) or suggestion for a game that would fall into my sensibilities, please let me know!

·
Super Moderator
13,059 Posts
If FF13 was your last big time sink, Xbox One X will likely give you the longest milleage thanks to backward compatibility with xbox360, and soon forward compatibility with many titles from the upcoming xbox one series x. It might have less exclusives but pretty much every big titles is available as a multiplatform release.

Even if you pass on buying games, Xbox Gamepass is a really good offer that will keep throwing games new and old worth playing your direction every month, on top of the free games you get to keep from Xbox Live Gold.

·
Crazy GFX coder
16,835 Posts
If FF13 was your last big time sink, Xbox One X will likely give you the longest milleage thanks to backward compatibility with xbox360, and soon forward compatibility with many titles from the upcoming xbox one series x. It might have less exclusives but pretty much every big titles is available as a multiplatform release.

Even if you pass on buying games, Xbox Gamepass is a really good offer that will keep throwing games new and old worth playing your direction every month, on top of the free games you get to keep from Xbox Live Gold.
Liar!!!! XBOOOXXXXX HAS NO GAMES!!!!

if you check his post again is another spambot.... it seems like they now post some random stuff without any links making it look like is real and then later they edit the post and add the links.

·
Super Moderator
13,059 Posts
PS4 sure has lots of exclusives but its a moot point if you're not actually going to buy or play those.

A base subscription is handier for those who dont buy games much or are in markets underserved by game retailers, and Xbox Live Gold is handier than PSN+ because the games are yours to keep across generations thanks to better backward compatibility with enhancements, whereas PS+ cuts your access to those games if you stop paying (and previous-gen games obtained that way might not even be made playable on PS5).

With BC, you can also get previous-gen games for really cheap and play them significantly enhanced. Just look at how better some xbox 360 games look

·
Crazy GFX coder
16,835 Posts
PS4 sure has lots of exclusives but its a moot point if you're not actually going to buy or play those.

A base subscription is handier for those who dont buy games much or are in markets underserved by game retailers, and Xbox Live Gold is handier than PSN+ because the games are yours to keep across generations thanks to better backward compatibility with enhancements, whereas PS+ cuts your access to those games if you stop paying (and previous-gen games obtained that way might not even be made playable on PS5).

With BC, you can also get previous-gen games for really cheap and play them significantly enhanced. Just look at how better some xbox 360 games look

Am fully aware of that and am very happy with what MS is doing. the "XBOX HAS NO GAMES" was just to make fun of the narrative out there making people believe Xbox have no games to play when in reality there is a huge catalog of games available with such subscription service.

btw I have game pass ultimate up to 2022 ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts