Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the real FFX-2 game and a usa bio. I run the ps2 emulator with CDVDnull Driver 0.6 and i cant format my memory card. There is Broswe (leads me to 2 memory card) and System Configuration (which has already been configured)

Then when i proceed to run the game with Linuzappz Iso CDVD Driver 0.5 the screen becomes blank.

When i use P.E.Op.S CDVD Driver 1.2 it goes: Error Reading CDVD Plugin.

What's happening?

· Registered
218 Posts
P.E. Op.S is the right plugin to use. The problem could be that you have not set up the plugin correctly. Have you set the proper DVD drive? You should use the 2k/XP option and thread mode. Check my siggy. My settings are just fine as I have the same game and it plays. Well it's true that I used Deamon Tools for faster DVD reads coz of image greation but that's not a problem.

· Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Plugin directory is
c:/pcs8.0/plugins right? What did i do wrong here?

Is Daemon Tool like a program that makes reading off DVD player faster?

When i excute it i open the img which is located in the dvd (ffx-10), is that correct?

· Registered
57 Posts
you have an img in the DVD?!!!!! For images, you use CDVDbin or CDVDiso...

· Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
CDVD Driver 0.5 when used, shows up the Browse/System Confi and when you go browse you see 2 memory cards that dont do anything.

LInuzappz iso CDVD Null driver 0.6 when used, i located the IMG file in my cd which is: IOPRP234.IMG, open with a black screen and nothing happens.

PEPOS CDVD Driver 1.2 when run doesnt work and ends up with an error that says CDVD no foudnd or something but now when i run it it says window has encountered a n ..error

· Registered
234 Posts
i don't really know if the problem is with the peops plugin or the emu it self but i was looking at the official source codes of peops cdvd and pcsx2. now there is a line of code in CDVD.c in pcsx2 that returns callback cdvd.type on the plugin but on the plugin, what is needed to be called back was CDVDgetDiskType()

· Registered
57 Posts
Goto Config -> Configure. Then hit Test for every one. Tell me if any of them returns anything funny.

· Registered
57 Posts
Your CDVD Driver 0.5 is working fine and the bios runs.

I haven't seen Linuzappz iso CDVD Null driver 0.6 nor should a null driver ask for an image file. As for P.E.Op.S. CDVD Driver 1.2, just don't use that.

I suggest using CDVDbin 0.67 to run the Image file. Tell me what you get.

· Registered
57 Posts

· Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok i cant find CDVDbin 0.67 but when i use CDVDbin 0.65 and run it it goes error and creads:The file you picked is not a usable vd/dvd image file. Then you click ok and then begins to loads to the place with Browse and System Configuration.

My dvd drive has the real version of ffx-2 sp i dont see what is wrong with the image.

· Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey guys, i think i found my problem.

When i configure Linupazza Iso (is this the one you sue to 'run' the game?) it askes me for an iso location. It isnt the image so where do i lcoate the iso?

· PCSX2 Coder
11,343 Posts
davidw89 said:
Hey guys, i think i found my problem.

When i configure Linupazza Iso (is this the one you sue to 'run' the game?) it askes me for an iso location. It isnt the image so where do i lcoate the iso?
if you have the real game you want to be using peops cdvd and make sure you configure it correctly.

if not, use Alcohol 120% or Nero to make an image from the dvd to your hard drive, then select the image you made inside linuzappz cdvd iso driver

· Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I cant use peops because it doesnt work (error)

I configure linuzappz and the iso image inside the file and i click run and the computer freezes up and a black screen and it seems like it is slowly loading but doesnt load.

· PCSX2 Coder
11,343 Posts
iirc ffx-2 needed patches on to do anything, search the forum im sure there is a patch somewhere, suffers from a simular problem to FFX, only more severe :p

· A Square Fan!
592 Posts
Hi, I have been 4 days without ADSL conection :(
But I'm back again :)

I think the PEOPS CDVD plugin has a bug. The first time you canfig the emu, you have to start and exit without running the emu. Cos in some PC's, the PEOPS configs are only saved when you close the emu.

That is why you are getting those errors in PEOPS, even if you cahnge the drives, or the config. Cos PEOPS only saves the data while closing the emu.

Try to change the config to EG: D:. Close, and open. Then run. If it doesn't work, change again and close. Go trying till it works. This works for me. ;)

· Registered
5 Posts
Hi, say hello to a complete noob ;)

i think i have some of the same problems but well, what would i know...
ok can someone please give me a full newbie guide to configure pcsx2 so that i can play my PS2 games (real games) on my computer.

thanks!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.