Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have:

P4 1.7GHz
Asus Geforce III
256 Mb RDRAM
blah blah blah

Anyway... games are unplayable... they run too fast... i have EVERYTHING maxed out on bleem, 1600 x 1200 x 32 etc...

But its runs about 2 times faster than my psx.. but looks great.

Can I limit fps anyway???

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Hahaha, kingking3rd you gotta becareful how you joke. Someone might believe you.

quark666, of coarse you can limit the fps. just do it in the GPU plugin config. BTW Pete's D3D and OpenGL 1.51 will be the best plugins for you to use. If you are playing NTSC games then limit to 60 fps. If you're playing PAL games then limit to 50 fps. Or you can just use the auto detect fps setting, but most people find that a specific number of fps works smoother. Have fun with your games and be sure to submit some screenshots in the screenshot forum(with a high end system like yours I'de like to see how your games look. To take a screenshot in ePSXe press F8(if you're using Pete's GPU plugins).

Oh geez, I just realized you didn't say which emu you're using. You really ought to try ePSXe if you haven't already.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Originally posted by Adair
Oh geez, I just realized you didn't say which emu you're using. You really ought to try ePSXe if you haven't already.
he said..he's using bleem
afaik...you can't limit the fps in bleem
so as Adair said...give ePSXe a try
you won't regret it

·
CoLD InSiDE
2,615 Posts
okay excahnge your PC with me,then U will not have so fast speed.......eheh.......!

·
playing FGO
10,134 Posts
there's still someone stuck in the age of bleem, eh? :p

·
Registered
23 Posts
bleem is so damn dodgy.
btw, what's going on with FPS Limiting and FF8 coz i play it and the sound is so damn slow (I have FFVIII OST so i can compare the intended speed of music vs the speed in game) yet im running already at 60 fps and an ingame second is far shorter than a RL second...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for replies...

i WAS using bleem. But about 5 minutes after i posted that... i saw something about limiting frames in epsxe... downloaded both 1.4 and 1.2...

Is it just me or does 1.4 no work???

Anyway... i found i crashed quite abit with the D3D, and some games would not start at all with OpenGL... so went to software, everything works fine, but the graphics don't seem to improve with software.

With D3D i can take some screens and put them up. I never thought a PSX game looks so good!!!!

Will put up dino crisis 2, gran tourismo 2... and 2 others... any requests... i have quite a few games... can't wat to try them.... shame about plugin though.

Is there another one i can use????

I did not trust OpenGL as halflife on my PC has a few troubles with OpenGl...

am i getting abit off course now???

l8r

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
well, bleem 1.4 has option to turn fps limiting on and off.
cannot find it in 1.5 or later, but i thought they made it always on...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You wanted screenshots????

How about 2.4 megs of screens????

I made a thread in screenshots as well...
The thread

There are about 9 screens i think... 270k each... there is 2.4megs... be patient.... they are worth the wait. I don't think i will ever go back to psx :)
The screens

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
quark666,
look at the compatibility list at ePSXe fanatics for tips on how to get games working. I can tell you that you need to use "enable accurate CD timing" in the CDrom config to play GT2 correctly.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Bleem 1.4 ?????

Bleem 1.4 Runs tooo damn fast with Tekken 3 on my old AMD K62 350 with Voodoo 33000 (1024x768)

So there's <u>nothing <b>special</b></u> with your Pentium 4.

It's Bleem 1.4's mistake and get version 1.5b or 1.6 A and B (afaik these three have FPS limitation)

OR : Forget Bleem - get a real emulator - ePSXe

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Originally posted by 404
It's Bleem 1.4's mistake and get version 1.5b or 1.6 A and B (afaik these three have FPS limitation)
No those versions don't have FPS limiting. I think there is supposed to be an automatic limiting, but it doesn't work so great(surprise, surprise).:rolleyes:

·
Old Man
286 Posts
Hey I happen to still use Bleem and VGS, and all of the other emulators out there.

Anyways, Bleem1.5b 1.6a and 1.6b isn't fully compat with a P4. The FPS limit calculation doesn't calculate correctly, so the FPS limitting gos way out of whack.

On my Athlon T-Bird which faster than my P4 (despite big difference in clock speed 1.4GHZ to 1.9GHZ) the FPS limitation works perfect. So it is a P4 bug.

HA! One more reason why both Bleem and P4 s u c k.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts