Next Generation Emulation banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the guide i know this sounds dumb but i cant seem to open or extract or do anything to the PCSX2 0.8.1 file. This is the starting point for setting up the emulator right? i downloaded all the files but they are a .z or something format and winzip doesnt recognize them and i cant install them.

· Premium Member
8,394 Posts
.7z files can be opened with 7-Zip (http://www.7-zip.org/)
Its pretty much the same thing as WinZip...
Winrar can also open .7z

IMO small programs like PCSX2 should be compressed to .zip ....I mean why bother using something else when you know that EVERYONE can open .zip while you actually need to get either Winrar or 7-Zip (and maybe the latest WinZip but since i only use Winrar i dont know...) to open .7z files

· Registered
2,794 Posts
Chrono Archangel said:
.7z files can be opened with 7-Zip (http://www.7-zip.org/)
Its pretty much the same thing as WinZip...
Winrar can also open .7z

IMO small programs like PCSX2 should be compressed to .zip ....I mean why bother using something else when you know that EVERYONE can open .zip while you actually need to get either Winrar or 7-Zip (and maybe the latest WinZip but since i only use Winrar i dont know...) to open .7z files
I imagine CKemu had something to do with it. He's "intelligent" like that. This is the third post I've seen where somebody was having issues with the file format.

· Registered
1,577 Posts
I used an older version of WinRAR and it would not unpack .7z. I had to download a new version, and it took some time on 28k. It was gay.

Chrono's absolutely right, .7z isn't realy saving much more space than a few thousand bytes. And, like FLaRe said, people have problems with things other than .rar and .zip; more or less the standards.

FLaRe, that is EXACTLY what I though when I downloaded PCSX2 and found i couldn't unpack it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.