Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Emu Author
613 Posts
if you are trying to fix scratches, i recommend you learn about what it is you are doing or else you will just end of destroying the disc and preventing any method at all of fixing the scratches.

·
Thiccachu (Chubbychu AKA Pikachu-bby/Pikachu-BBW)
3,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hatorijr is right. I may end up wrecking the disc. There was this time some guy said I could use a microwave..... Cool spectacle it was, my disc sparking and warping in the 'wave.
Gamefreak 94 is also right. But, to burn the games back on to a DVD afterwrds requirea modchip. Anyway to do it without?

·
Registered
51 Posts
What i do for any of my discs is I take them to gamestop or gamecrazy and thye have a disc buffer that they charge 2 dollars to use, and it works amazingly well. I ahd an unplayable halo 3 and guitar hero disc that was fixed good as new.

·
Registered Anime Hater
8,674 Posts
Hatorijr is right. I may end up wrecking the disc. There was this time some guy said I could use a microwave..... Cool spectacle it was, my disc sparking and warping in the 'wave.
Gamefreak 94 is also right. But, to burn the games back on to a DVD afterwrds requirea modchip. Anyway to do it without?
Not sure :p But you could back them up anyway (provided you arent disparately short on storage space) and search for a way later in case your discs go down.

·
3,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Correct!

Gamefreak94, you are correct. I never actually thought of that. But i heard you can use a program called Backup Wizard Pro. But overall, you are right i'll do what you said so I can think of how i'll burn them later. Using BWP, you can play without a modchip. Cool, huh? I'm not sure though, but I saw a program called DVD wizard pro, does it (just like BWP) fool the xbox into thinking it is an original? Since i can get the free version of DWP, i';m not sure if it is like BWP.:cool:

·
Registered
5,977 Posts
There is no way to play Xbox/360 backups without the console being modded.

If you go to a game shop they may be able to repair the disc for you. Iirc they shave a little of the disc's plastic off removing the scratches, or fill them in with some kind of substance.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
toothpaste doesn't fill scratches.

it softens the plastic and can actually cause more harm then good if done wrong.

·
3,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
toothpaste doesn't fill scratches.

it softens the plastic and can actually cause more harm then good if done wrong.
I'm not sure, but I keep on seeing that I can use toothpaste. I'm not sure since most of these people say that I can fix the disc by using the micro abrasives in the toothpaste to wear out the scratched area. Some others say I should make a completely new layer of 'plastic', by using toothpaste. From my previous knowledge, I know that I ain't suppose to clean a disc in circle but from the centre ring towards the outer ring in a straight line. These people keep telling me to wipe in circles, others tell me in lines like I know is right and others say just over the offending scratch. Just help! I need a homemade method!

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,571 Posts
Olive oil.

Be sure to use Windex or some other streak-free glass cleaner first to remove any dirt, dust, or finger oils from the read surface.

Use a lint-free rag to spread it into the scratches and then gently wipe it away.

I've used this several times before and had 100% success with it every time. Others claim to at least have very high success rates. As a side note, if you can hold the disc up to your eye and see light shining through the scratches, then there is no repairing the disc.

·
Registered Anime Hater
8,674 Posts
Curious to try this out for myself, I took my old Photoshop 5.5 disc (which is well scratched, but still worked last time I tried it). Took an eye-glass cleaning cloth (which I have read is ideal for this purpose) and some normal Colgate toothpaste and started gently rubbing it from the center outwards. Did this for a couple of minutes, then washed the toothpaste off. Result? There are several deep scratches from the center outwards cause by my gentle rubbing oO And all the old scratches are still there too! WTF!

·
3,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Curious to try this out for myself, I took my old Photoshop 5.5 disc (which is well scratched, but still worked last time I tried it). Took an eye-glass cleaning cloth (which I have read is ideal for this purpose) and some normal Colgate toothpaste and started gently rubbing it from the center outwards. Did this for a couple of minutes, then washed the toothpaste off. Result? There are several deep scratches from the center outwards cause by my gentle rubbing oO And all the old scratches are still there too! WTF!
Uh Oh! I hope this was b4 i told u. My mom uses glasses but i can't find her microfiber cloth anymore....:evil: I need a program I can use to backup my games. Suggestions?:rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.