Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to rip ALL of the cutscenes from FFX - not just the nice FMV's? I own a PS2, the game itself, the hint book, the Japanese "movie" of the gameplay with English subtitles, etc. etc. Why? Because my kids LOVE this game. I hooked my PS2 to my computer and (long story short) created a movie of my gameplay (cutting out the unnecessary stuff) for them and they watch it - BUT the video is quality is not the greatest and it drives me crazy. So, I downloaded PCSX2 in hopes of being able to use it to produce a higher quality video but my computer just doesn't seem to be able to handle it (I'm around 34 fps once game play starts and I just can't deal with that). While I like the game too, frankly I don't know if I'm up to thrashing thru it all again, so I decided to maximize my laziness and see if there is a way to rip ALL the relevant, dialog scenes without playing thru the game. I have searched high and low on the internet but I can't find any reference to ripping ALL the scenes, just the FMV's (which I have done successfully and they look great). So, is it possible? You are my last hope! :eyemove:

·
AKA snkmad
4,030 Posts
Correct me if i am wrong, but the video created will not play @ 30fps, no matter how low/high the fps was when it was recorded?

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
scoobydoo22 :

If you can tolerate the slow gameplay. Just record it using PCSX2. No matter how slow your actual performance when they are playbacked, it will run as fast as it runs on a real PS2. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.