Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had a problem for several months, I opened for the first time the emulator and then I changed the language but just after an error message and a closing. To start again the emulator thereafter, did not help and I have this same error message and very by removing and reinstalling the emulator that made similar!

According to Windows it is Gnu_gettext.dll which to create the error!

Help me please! :cry: :cry: :cry:

·
Familiar Face
4,971 Posts
Genesismaster said:
And where i found this?
Ummm, try in your registry, do you know what that is? If not, then perhaps you should find a thread that has this covered step by step, I'm sure there is somewhere, but to get you started, go into start menu and choose the run commmand at the bottom and when the dialog box opens, type: regedit
This will get you into Windows registry (by the way, this method is for Windows XP, if you're running Windows 95, 98 or ME then open a dos prompt window and type regedit and it will open the registry for you). Then just look for the entry for PCSX2 and delete the "Lang" reg entry (I believe this is the one that is causing you problems.). I'll be nice and let you know exactly where to find it:
My Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Pcsx2

·
Registered
234 Posts
ok go to Start -> Run. type in "Regedit" now dbl-click "HKEY_CURRENT_USER" and then "Software" and here look for Pcsx2. now just delete it and you're done

·
Familiar Face
4,971 Posts
Like "Registry, what's that?" :???:

·
PCSX2 Archiver
193 Posts
Thanks Bositman, I have retyped it so others can understand it better now.

Close PCSX2 before starting.

Go to "Start --> Run" and type in "regedit" then go to "HKEY_Current_User" then "Software," now click on "Pcsx2" and in the right of the screen double click on "Lang," and under "value data" type "en" press "OK" and close the window. Now run PCSX2 again, and it will work.

What is the Registry?
The Registry is lots of settings and commands that the computer will execute when the corrosponding program is running. If you mess with it (with out knowing what your doing), you will have a good chance that the computer will not function the way that you want it to.

·
Familiar Face
4,971 Posts
schattenberg88 said:
What is the Registry?
The Registry is lots of settings and commands that the computer will execute when the corrosponding program is running. If you mess with it (with out knowing what your doing), you will have a good chance that the computer will not function the way that you want it to.
I was quoting the people that don't know. I know what it's there for and what it is. Just adding to what bositman had prior to my post. You'll note that I was the first one on this thread that listed the location of PCSX2's entry. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts