Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, i am french sorry for my english. I've a problem with PCSX 2. I have a great PC configuration and i want to run games compatible with PCSX 2 like Mortal Kombat or other's but there is a problem. I have tested a lot of settings of PCSX 2 and there plugin, and there is always the same problem, the game is around 30 FPS or 40 ... I've tried many of plugins, nothing works. The better graphics plugins still GSdx 9 but it doesn't work correctly... The main problem is that i've seen vidéos where Mortal Kombat work's correctly with configuration less better than mine.

There is my config :

CPU : Intel® Core™2 Quad CPU Q8200 @ 2.33GHz (2339Mhz)
Graphics cards : nVidia Corporation:GeForce 9800 GT
RAM : 4 Go Ram DDR3
DX : 9 already updated.

That's all, graphics quality is correct but the game run to slow ... And the CPU is not at 99 %.

Thank's a lot for helping me. Once more i say, sorry for my english ^^

·
|> |_ /\ |\| |
1,243 Posts
Update your GSdx. Get the latest DirectX runtimes.
Make an image (ISO) of your PS2 CD/DVD and then run the game. Images are generally faster than DVDs.

Enable MTGS and DualCore in CPU options.

Note:- PCSX2 (like most softwares) utilizes only 2 cores.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hi all, i am french sorry for my english. I've a problem with PCSX 2. I have a great PC configuration and i want to run games compatible with PCSX 2 like Mortal Kombat or other's but there is a problem. I have tested a lot of settings of PCSX 2 and there plugin, and there is always the same problem, the game is around 30 FPS or 40 ... I've tried many of plugins, nothing works. The better graphics plugins still GSdx 9 but it doesn't work correctly... The main problem is that i've seen vidéos where Mortal Kombat work's correctly with configuration less better than mine.

There is my config :

CPU : Intel® Core™2 Quad CPU Q8200 @ 2.33GHz (2339Mhz)
Graphics cards : nVidia Corporation:GeForce 9800 GT
RAM : 4 Go Ram DDR3
DX : 9 already updated.

That's all, graphics quality is correct but the game run to slow ... And the CPU is not at 99 %.

Thank's a lot for helping me. Once more i say, sorry for my english ^^
Try using native resolution on gsdx configuration.
Try using Windows Vista - Im sure, you will get a huge speed up! ^__^
Try using frameskipp - Ps.: That doesn't work in some games.
Try using ZeroSPU as a sound plugin.

Also, mortal kombat armageddon (for example) does not work with "Denormals are zero" in the VU skip Configuration - most games get a huge speed up from that.

...And get the latest version of pcsx2 as well as the plugins you're going to use.

Hope that helps. :p

·
I has got Anatidaephobia
1,345 Posts
mortal kombat runs slow no matter what, such games require a lot of cpu speed. So the only way you will be able to get decent speed will be by overclocking your cpu to more than 3Ghz and above.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
V1ncent and Dbz32 i have tried all things you say...

Not vista but i think that it is not the good way.

Can i configure my CPU as a 2 cores CPU ?

Or do you have any other answer ?

Thank's a lot for your help even if it don't work at this time.

·
!
6,312 Posts
I am using PC SX2 0.9.5 (pcsx2svn377.exe), and GSdx10, GSdx-sse4.

That's all, it's good or not ? ^^
that's the final version of the official one,,there's one called Pcsx2 Playground it's Unofficial version but updated,go for this,and as vincet said you have to create an iso image to play Ps2 games more smoothly more than DVD reader..and do you have ideas about overclocking your CPU?..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I always play with ISO. And about my CPU i never overclock a CPU and i fear about risk for the CPU. And i think that my CPU is good to play you don't agree ?

·
!
6,312 Posts
I always play with ISO. And about my CPU i never overclock a CPU and i fear about risk for the CPU. And i think that my CPU is good to play you don't agree ?
hmm,,your cpu is more than good, but some games need more speed such as MK,,and there's No risk if you have ideas about overclocking,but you have to read a lot of pages about overclocking;)...and frankly i'v never played this game via emulator,

Edit: start with this http://forums.ngemu.com/hardware-discussion/116776-overclocking-my-new-machine.html

1 - 11 of 11 Posts