Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I use no$gba to play Pokemon FireRed, and the files are saved in my phone's SD Card(I use Internet Cafes). Anyway, today I opened Pokemon and was going to create a backup for the .SAV file but then the computer restarted. When I reopened it it seemed okay. I was able to play and stuff. But when I put the SD Card back in the phone and opened the memory files(inside the phone), all of the game files disappeared and were replaced by this thing called USBC that takes up 3.3GB. The weirdest part is that the SD Card only holds 2 GB, and has free memory of 1.2GB. I haven't been able to open the file using a computer yet. What does this mean? Any way to fix this?

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
More details needed like what emulator do you use on your phone and what emulator do you use on PC? And how were you going about creating the backup? How did you play after your computer restarted? How did you connect the SD card to the computer? Are the other files you had on your SD card ok?

You're aware that PC emulators and whatever phone emulator you use will have different file extensions for their save states right?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I DON'T use a phone emulator. I use a PC Emulator. no$gba. I just use the phone for storing the file. I connected using a USB Card Reader. The other files are definitely ok. Also, more details...after it restarted, for a while the save wasn't loading. As in, it was in the Battery file, but it didn't have a save when I opened the actual game. I tried using my backup snapshot, but it said something like no$gba-FATAL. I removed the card reader and put it back. The thing opened. The save file was back. The snapshot also worked. But something was wrong. There was no floor--pure black. Only the buildings had a floor. Also, the menu screen only had fire, no title or image of Charizard. I removed and put it back. It worked normally. But when I put it back in the phone when I finished playing. USBCêºäë. was there.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
seems the card got corrupted ...and everything may well be gone

1 - 4 of 4 Posts