Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I run a game, the sound is played really slow. I have been using ePSXe since the 1:st version without any problems, but all of a sudden this happened. It doesn't matter which plugins I use. I also tried making an ISO. That didn't help eighter. Maby it's a problem with DirectX 8.1. Any help would be great. Thanx.

AMD Athlon 1.3 GHz
256 MB Ram
Geforce 2 GTS
Sound Blaster Live 1024

·
Registered
28 Posts
try setting your max fps a little higher. I had that problem w/xenogears and it was actually the entire game that was slower (but the music is what made me notice). I have mine at a max of 70

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not sure if this happens on all my games but it happens with the ones I've tried. Anyway, the game I want to run is Tekken 3 and that used to work great. Setting the FPS limit manually helpt, but that caused occasionall Slowdowns/Speedups in the sound. The sound wasn't smooth. But I shouldn't have to set anything different from what I used to, right? That's what's so wierd. I installed a Sound Blaster Pro Live 1024 this summer, but I'm pretty sure that I've used ePSXe without any problems after that. I can't find any new drivers for it. The ones on sblive.com are for people with playcenter v2.20 or higher so those drivers don't work for me since I have ver 1.52. My drivers are dated 3-30-2000. If someone can tell me where I can find newer drivers I'd appreciate it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts