Next Generation Emulation banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Until recently, all my PSX isos have burnt wonderfully.

Recently, I got six ISOs. Five have failed; I've reburnt these with multiple programs, reinstalled windows in between, used different kinds of media, different burners... it's all failing. I really, really need to get at these games, too.

I've burnt in CloneCD, DVD Decrypter and Alcohol 120%, always at or below 8x. I've used Verbatim and Magmedia CDs. It's not my PSX, because it still plays my older burns fine.

When I try to burn Dance Dance Revolution Best Mix, for example, it shows the orange diamond, and the Sony Computer Entertainment logo, then goes to a black screen and stays there. When I burn Xenogears, it freezes on the red-X xenogears logo. With Final Fantasy 7, it gets really, really jittery and freezes a lot in the opening FMV (showing a lot of stars).

What can I do? What's wrong? I've tried using ePSXe to see if my discs work but I just can't get it to run properly (the program, that is, even legit PSX games just show up as a big black square).

PLEASE help me, I'm just about in tears with frustration...

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,982 Posts
so im assuming that "until recently" and "recently, i got six ISOs" are the same event. so, everything worked fine until you "got" these ISOs?

while it is perfectly legal to make copies of your games to play all over your house...i honestly never understood the point. to each his own, i guess. the only time i ever saw a game break from regular gameplay was when my friend punched his Dreamcast and it scratched the game inside (very badly actually).

anyway, a very likely cause, as fireblaster_lyz explained, was that you have downloaded ISOs. dont use those! not only is it illegal (which you probably don't care about) but you know, for some reason, pirates just havent figured out how to make a decent ISO. it's strange, they've been at it for years, yet problems because of a downloaded ISO are always surfacing.

if the program wont even deal with real PSX games, your CD drive might possibly dead, or you have some sort of software/driver glitch. think back to the time between "until recently" and when you got those six ISOs...did you do anything? new hardware? software?

·
Registered
504 Posts
She said she's been burning at or under x8.

I agree with hushy, it sounds like your cd drive is shot, can you load cd's? can you burn music or data? and can you play old burned psx games or iso's with epsxe?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They are downloaded ISOs, but so are most of my other games, and they all work fine.

My CD writer is working fine -- I just burnt a few data discs this morning, and they read perfectly on this PC, as well as my friend's... so I doubt it's my burner. It doesn't appear to be my PSX, either, as the discs won't read in my PS2.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
frustrated anna said:
They are downloaded ISOs, but so are most of my other games, and they all work fine.

My CD writer is working fine -- I just burnt a few data discs this morning, and they read perfectly on this PC, as well as my friend's... so I doubt it's my burner. It doesn't appear to be my PSX, either, as the discs won't read in my PS2.
Then buy the damn games, sheesh. You illegally obtained those games for absolutely nothing and now you're complaining because they don't work? Give me a break.

Go somewhere else if you want help with pirated material.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.