Next Generation Emulation banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i admit i'm a big noob at this.. i have been trying to get Pcsx2 version 0.9.4 running on my computer, i have followed several guides online and have if configured correctly (i think) and exhausted everything i can think of to find out what to do, this is as far as i got, i'm using iso's, i only have 2 smaller games that i have downloaded, when trying to run (execute) either of them it says "patch not found etc" in the dos window, and the game runs very slowly for a min, then crashes, like i said i only tried 2 small games just to test it, but i want to solve this if i can before i download anymore, and the problem may still be there with bigger games anyway, do i need to download "patches" for each game? i don't know anything about patches.

Im using Vista and these are my specs

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E4500 @ 2.20GHz 2.20GHz
RAM: 2 GIG
System type: 32 Bit operating system

im not even sure if my computer is compatible, but any info or advice from anyone would be greatly appreciated! :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Well this is not PCSX forum, but you won't get high fps on your system, but also you forgot to tell you vide card. People play on 3.0GHz+ Core2Duo & Core2Quad CPUs with 3-4Gigs of RAM and even Gef8800 or 9xxx series of video cards.
Just look the fact I have an Intel Core2Duo 2.00GHz with 4GB DDRII RAM, and Geforce m8800GT 512MB (Dedicated) GDDR3 in my laptop and the best fps I can reach with it is not more than 25-30. For normal speed you need around 55 somewhere, I don't know exactly :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i dont know where else to ask, isnt this the ps2 "emulation" forum? i didnt see one for pcsx? so you are saying that my computer is basically not good enough to run it? and without upgrading i am wasting my time and effort trying, do i need more RAM is that it? can i get more RAM somehow? thanks :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.