Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does this mean my game is not compatible? Am I not running on the DVD? The game is DBZ budokai 3, has anyone been able to run that? ANy help is greatly appreciated, so thanks in advance to anyone helping...

·
Premium Member
5,309 Posts
That means the emulator has jumped straight to the BIOS, this could be caused by many things.

#1: If you are using an ISO, make sure you are using something like "Linuz ISO Plugin", and make sure you have pointed it to the ISO you are using.

#2: If you are using the original DVD, make sure you are using Petes CDVD plugin, and have configured the plugin to use the drive your disc is inserted into.

#3: I haven't tested this game personally, but the CDVD plugiin may not be detecting it as a PS2 disc, in this case, rather than using "Run CD", you need to use "Open ELF" and browse to the disc location, on the disc will be a file called "AAAA_###.##" (make sure you use the drop down menu to change from *.ELF, to all files), (AAAA being a series of letters, like SCES, SLES, SLUS, SLPM, SCED etc, and the #'s are numbers), double click on that and the game should boot.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
CKemu said:
That means the emulator has jumped straight to the BIOS, this could be caused by many things.

#1: If you are using an ISO, make sure you are using something like "Linuz ISO Plugin", and make sure you have pointed it to the ISO you are using.

#2: If you are using the original DVD, make sure you are using Petes CDVD plugin, and have configured the plugin to use the drive your disc is inserted into.

#3: I haven't tested this game personally, but the CDVD plugiin may not be detecting it as a PS2 disc, in this case, rather than using "Run CD", you need to use "Open ELF" and browse to the disc location, on the disc will be a file called "AAAA_###.##" (make sure you use the drop down menu to change from *.ELF, to all files), (AAAA being a series of letters, like SCES, SLES, SLUS, SLPM, SCED etc, and the #'s are numbers), double click on that and the game should boot.
#1 doesn't apply, i'm using a freal DVD. #2...the thing says there's an "Error opening the CDVD Plugin". So...yeah.

#3, I found the file and had a go at it...but all I got was a blank screen running at 31 fps. I waited 3000 frames but nothing happened.

What does this mean? Thanks for the reply, btw.

·
Premium Member
5,309 Posts
Simply it means the game isn't playable, or perhaps needs patching, perhaps a tester, or user with experience with this game can help you resolve issues with it, btw the "Error opening the CDVD Plugin" sounds like you haven't configured it to read the correct drive / set it up properly.

You may however be pleased to know that the compat list reports the game as playable in the up-comming 0.9 version.

·
Familiar Face
4,971 Posts
studir said:
but all I got was a blank screen running at 31 fps. I waited 3000 frames but nothing happened.

What does this mean? Thanks for the reply, btw.
Means the game doesn't work. Go figure.:p How can you not know what it means?oO

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.