Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
games hang on me. The sound just keeps going and the graphics keep doing their moves but only those things that always keep going (moves that don't require my input, such things), the game just doesn't receive any input from me. Also the game doesn't read my cd anymore. So I think it's my cd-rom.
This doesn't happen with just one game altough some games do freeze more frequently (probably due to the fact that cd's vary in scrathes and stuff).

P3 450, TNT2 32mb, 192mb ram

I use a 24X cdrom/writer (reading is 24X) from Ricoh

·
Registered
95 Posts
Do they totally freeze up?
Could be a number of things....
Try running dxdiag and make sure that everythings
ok there, then reinstall/update your video drivers. Then try using Petes cd-rom plugin and set the read retry to 10. You should post all your plugins and their settings though, so we all can get a better idea of what's going on....

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Maybe your cd rom have problems...try to make iso and see what happen then...just my poor suggestion!!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The game doesn't totally freeze up. For instance characters do moves which they perform when they don't receive commands. The music continues as well. It's just that the game doesn't receive something like move the cursor to the right. The computer doesn't do anything as well.

Graphics: Pete's OpenGL Driver 1.50 ->
800x600 32 bit
caching type = dynamic
Off screen drawing = standard
framebuffer textures = 1. black
I don't use any other options except unfiltered framebuffer updates and alpha multipass

cd-rom: Pete's CDR ASPI Driver 1.5 ->
cahing mode : read ahead
limit speed to 8x
don't wait till drive is ready (doesn't matter if it's on or off)
read mode : BE_2(ATAPI SPEC 2) (auto detected)

thanks in advance dudes!
P.S. I'll try the ISO as well. I was already planning to do that.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The F4 thing doesn't work and the iso thing has to wait because of the loading time (my disk is way too much fragmentated, but the defragmentating takes such a long time!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I by now, have come to the conclusion that it's mostly when a battle of some kind starts (i mostly play rpg's cause they suck on PC)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts