Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Patching Games (heavy problems)

hi, i have a big problem. i installed epsxe correct. then i configured the plugins.
i use: pete's OpenGL
internal sound
internal cdrom
scph1001

As example, when i run ff9, i always see only a black screen.
I tried also tony hawk 2, then i have a green flashing bar at the bottom of the screen.
i tried many plugins, but some only crashes and some show only the black screen.

then i tried vgs, and tony hawk 2 worked.
could it be, that my german ff9 didn't work on epsxe??
:confused:

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
The german version of ff9 needs to be patched before it will work correctly. The patch is at the usual place. You may also have to switch on mdecs using epsxecutor.

S

·
0 Posts
I'm not sure which "usual" place you are reffering to Betamax, but since he may not know, I'll give a suggestion. Go to www.aldostools.com and there you should find the patch or patches you need. Best of luck.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thx a lot, i didn't know that you need a patch for emulators.

i found there a vgs patch but is there also a epsxe patch??
cause i want to have 3d acceleration.

is there a 3d acceleration patch for vgs out?

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Only games with some kind of protection or possibly a wierd compatibility problem require patches. Most games you just put in the CDrom and they work(with proper configuration of coarse).

The patch you got is not specific to VGS(it will work in ePSXe). Aldo only labels it that way because his site is mostly for VGS support. However the patches are specific to the country the game is from so make sure you got the german patch for the german game.

No VGS doesn't now nor will it ever(unless through some miracle) support 3D acceleration. VGS was bought by Sony so there won't be any updates that allow 3D.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
YEEAH I GOT IT !! :D :D :D :D

i patched the iso and it works.
could u say me a good place where to find patches??

and how did the patch work?
does it change the game so, that i can't play the patched thing on my real psx?

thx

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
No. Put simply certain games have copy protection where they check to see if the game has been copied onto a cdr. If it finds that this is the case then the game causes the psx to crash. However because the emus are not perfect yet the copy protection doesn't work correctly and so even the originals crash. These patches are designed to remove the copy protection so that working cdr backups can be made. The side effect is that because they remove the copy protection they can alos be run on an emu.

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
... and you can have it. Just burn the pathced iso you made onto a cdr and it will will work in a psx (as long you have a modchip:D)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts