Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey, newly registered but have been a reader for a long time. Hope to be here a while too :).

Right, I am wondering if anyone knows of a decent hard disk temperature monitor (software). In particular, I need it to be one that can monitor the temp of a disk inside a USB2 enclosure. Not sure if this is even possible as I'm not sure if the USB enclosures support SMART (couldn't find it in the documentation).

I'm using 2 NexStar 3's and one of them gets much hotter than the other. Even while idling the 2nd disk is hotter than the 1st at high load. I don't really think its at a dangerous temp, but I wanted to keep on eye on it just to make sure.

If it helps: Vantec NexStar 3 (model no: NST-360-U2-BL)

Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,982 Posts
Hey, newly registered but have been a reader for a long time. Hope to be here a while too .
good, we need more regulars ;)

anyway, to your question, i'd suggest SpeedFan or MBM5 (motherboard monitor). i think that's what you're asking for, right?

·
AKA snkmad
4,030 Posts
Try everest.
Although they stop their free version, you could try both versions, the old one and the newest.

·
カラム
365 Posts
Bah not hot at all, I've had a HDD running over 50*C and it still ran stable. Not using it now because I have a new SATA Hdd.

·
AKA snkmad
4,030 Posts
mine run around 44 idle 50 working, it depends where you live...

·
AKA snkmad
4,030 Posts
here the same weather 30~32 celsius.

·
Registered
206 Posts
hooloovoo said:
Well around this time of year the weather is usually about 5c max :) (I like it that way). Even in the summer average doesn't go much above 20.
then, you don't need about over heating again. mine cpu could go mad to ~70 celsius:mad: ( blowed using desk fan ), at hottest day. but at coolest night it would calm down to ~60 celsius at full load:???: . ( my cpu : prescott 2.8ghz, using stock fan, running this for a year now. )

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.