Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
the emulation youtuber
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I'm getting a new pc soon but am deciding on the last part to the setup, the GPU. I've chosen the HD4890 but im unsure which brand delivers the best performance, cooling ect..

I'm choosing between the XFX 4890 Black Edition or the Gigabyte 4890 OC.
There are differences spec wise and they differ in price by $6AUD. Though the main thing im looking at is the cooling on each of the cards. I've heard the XFX card is very loud but im not sure how hyped up that is.

Any opinions by anyone would be greatly appreciated. If anyone has any other brands that compare well to those i am choosing between, please leave a comment :)

iNexXxuS

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
What kind of case do you have? You certainly don't want that card dump all the heat in your case when your PSU has to take it all away. My previous 4870 had a similar cooler to the XFX, and when you put your hand at the exhaust you'll instantly appreciate that it doesn't leave it for your CPU to choke on ;)

·
the emulation youtuber
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What kind of case do you have? You certainly don't want that card dump all the heat in your case when your PSU has to take it all away. My previous 4870 had a similar cooler to the XFX, and when you put your hand at the exhaust you'll instantly appreciate that it doesn't leave it for your CPU to choke on ;)
Yea that was one of the main thing's i was looking at. The gigabyte may have an after market cooler but it will put all the heat inside the case :(

I'm getting the antec 902 and putting 2 extra fans inside, one on the side panel and one for GPU cooling inside the case.
I'll have an after market heat sink installed as well, the prolimatech megahalems with 2 fans installed on it ;)

------

The rest of the specs if you're interested:

i7 920
Gigabyte EX-58 UD5
Corsair HX-650W PSU
6GB DDR3 Corsair 1600Mhz C8D RAM
Western Digital 500GB Caviar Black HDD

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.