Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Do not use catalyst 9.4, there are major leaks and slowdown with Dolphin and it eventually crashes after a few seconds/minutes...
Hopefully, it'll be fixed in 9.5 :rolleyes:

·
Banned
35,081 Posts
people hate ATI, because the drivers have numerous issues with texture formats, requiring various hacks. Linux support is completely fail, and something breaks from 1 release to the next.

·
The Hunter
17,202 Posts
Apparently good videocards, they're a great solution if you're a PC gamer. If you're a power user or heavy Emulation enthusiast, nVidia is generally recommended.

I have had no complaint about my ATi cards, apart from Neverwinter Nights not running how it should. The water shader is completely broken. I think it's one of the OpenGL calls failing, but I don't know enough about the technical stuff. In PC gaming I love the card in general still.

·
Banned
35,081 Posts
Apparently good videocards, they're a great solution if you're a PC gamer. If you're a power user or heavy Emulation enthusiast, nVidia is generally recommended.

I have had no complaint about my ATi cards, apart from Neverwinter Nights not running how it should. The water shader is completely broken. I think it's one of the OpenGL calls failing, but I don't know enough about the technical stuff. In PC gaming I love the card in general still.
requires a OpenGL 1.4 ARB shader. >.> ATI never supported 1.4's shaders properly.

·
Time Lord
2,067 Posts

·
Banned
35,081 Posts
probably break something else.

·
Banned
35,081 Posts
Anybody who has problems with an nvidia card, simply lacks the smarts to know how to use a computer properly.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)

·
Banned
35,081 Posts
check the release notes, if it mentions opengl fixes, they probably broke something.

It was nothing to do with the computer at all.....
The graphics card kept getting stuck in an endless loop :p
Maybe Squall-Leonhart you have just being lucky enough not to run into problems.

graphics cards don't go into endless loops.

poorly configred computers, go into endless loops.

·
Registered
39 Posts
4870 512 on 9.4, not a single problem with dolphin or anything else, been using ati since 2005..never had any problems.
Anybody who has problems with an ati, simply lacks the smarts to know how to use a computer properly.

·
Banned
35,081 Posts
Say that to the developers of most of your favourite emulators and they'll tell you otherwise.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.