Next Generation Emulation banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so, im going about my normal business, and i bring my computer over to hushy's house to work on a project, and when i boot it up, all of my drives are detected, but once i get into Windows, and look in 'my computer', my second hard drive (D Drive) is no longer detected. i go to disk management and it shows the drive but its unallocated and what not, so i have to reformat it in order to see it in 'my computer' and that would mean losing all of my files. is there anything i can do to get the data back?

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Perhaps a Linux live CD?

·
AKA snkmad
4,030 Posts
u can use either a linux live cd, like knoppix or kurumin, or use BartPE, since it is winxp based...
I recommend 2nd option...

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
イタルナル11 said:
so, im going about my normal business, and i bring my computer over to hushy's house to work on a project, and when i boot it up, all of my drives are detected, but once i get into Windows, and look in 'my computer', my second hard drive (D Drive) is no longer detected. i go to disk management and it shows the drive but its unallocated and what not, so i have to reformat it in order to see it in 'my computer' and that would mean losing all of my files. is there anything i can do to get the data back?
you could retrieve the data using getdataback

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
im running win xp with sp2, and the cables are all connected securely..i will try that getdataback program right now, and then perhaps the BartPE program

·
AKA snkmad
4,030 Posts
Actually, would be better to run getdataback from bartPE...
BartPE is a free version of Windows PE, a win live cd, similar to linux live cds...
Its based on WinXP SP1 or better and Win2k3.
And since its free, you only need your own copy of winxp .

·
Registered
49 Posts
i had that problem once i used knoppix to copy important files to an other drive(or record to cd's) and then formated the hd

·
Registered
2 Posts
My valuable suggestions to you and to the other visitors of the forum who may come across this type of situation. As I faced the problem of data loss because of file system got corrupted and was no backup. I have used Stellar Phoenix FAT & NTFS data recovery software to restore my deleted file. This data recovery software had worked remarkably well for me. A great software which not only recovered lost data but also recovered the lost partition. I downloaded the free demo version from site http://www.stellarinfo.com/partition-recovery.htm. Through demo version I was able to see the recovered data. So anybody need to recover the data, can try this great stuff.

·
Familiar Face
4,971 Posts
This thread did not need to be revived like that. Check the date of the last post in a thread before replying.;) Closed.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.