Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The problem with bittorent is that whenever i run it afer sometime my bittorent is showing a green status and its somewhat stuck and there no downloading or upload for that matter and I can even surf or browse for that matter and secondly my net is active and the modem light on my cable is showing that its connected. I need to restart my connection in order to get working again. This happens onlu when i use bittorent may it be any client shadows azurues nova etc. Can someone please help me out as to what the problem might be thanks alot for the help in advance

·
Banned
9,111 Posts
Try uploading more as the tracker will give you priority if you uploaded more, Some guy probily uploaded alot more and is getting more of the total bandwith

·
Just visiting ^_^
8,299 Posts
ice2hot said:
The problem with bittorent is that whenever i run it afer sometime my bittorent is showing a green status and its somewhat stuck and there no downloading or upload for that matter and I can even surf or browse for that matter and secondly my net is active and the modem light on my cable is showing that its connected. I need to restart my connection in order to get working again. This happens onlu when i use bittorent may it be any client shadows azurues nova etc. Can someone please help me out as to what the problem might be thanks alot for the help in advance
well it happen to me too when I tried to use bit torrent in one of my friends computer shop... the system lags and they have to disable bit torrent...

well just a hunch but it could be the traffic (meaning the number of simultaneous downloads or uploads) or server problem... well those are just my guesses since my friend didn't allow me to install bit torrent in his shop after that :D

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
AFAIK my friend from LAN has those problems, but I can't see those on my sys :)

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I read alot here and there that bittorent these days is causing a problem i wonder why it used to work fine. I wonder if MS screwed it up with some security patch. :S

·
Premium Member
26,303 Posts
Have you guys installed the patch for half-open connections?

·
Registered
359 Posts
I think the problem is with the trackers them selves.
I have the same problem and I use abc bittorrent. This happens with some torrents and others not. But what is strange that it happens only when maximum bandwidth is used, then the halt happens. This wastes to much precious time for me in downloading.

·
Premium Member
26,303 Posts
Try capping your upload. I have mine capped at 15kb/s

·
Registered
18 Posts
Try using Azureus or BitComet.

I'm getting much better speeds with BitComet since it uses Upnp to assign the ports, thus it works with routers/switches without any configuration.

It also has some kind of fix for the SP2 max connections thingy, even though you can use the patch from lvllord.de if it doesn't work for you.

·
Experenced But New User
866 Posts
ABC works fine for me, and Ive filled about half of my 120gig hd. I get about an average of 125kbs off of good trackers.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well the problem seems to be resolved at the moment, allthough I can't say that with full assurity as I didn't get the chance to download of a file with a high number of peers and seeders. I uninstalled ZA pro 5 and then started out with using BT and it seems to be going fine. At the moment using Bit tornado and the maximun number of peers to be connected to is 60 and minimun 50. So lets see how well it goes as for Sp2, I didn't take the plunge yet. Regarding the half open connection came across this on google. I wonder if I should install the patch on the sp1 and if I did would it be of any use.. Can anyone shed some wisdom on this matter.
Heres the link to the half open connection issue
http://www.ozzu.com/ftopic31179.html

·
Registered
359 Posts
Yo guys, found the solution. Seems when ABC halts, just click "ctrl-alt-del" then click on Processes and see if ABC is using 100% of the CPU. If so, try to go to advance settings in the prefrences and change the max peer connected from unlimited to any number, like 60 or any thing. But this only occurs whith new torrents, not the one that were originally put on que or being downloaded.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts