Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello,
I am trying to compile Virtual Jaguar 1.0.7 from source (modifying gpu.cpp line 77 to set doGPUDis = true) so I may use it for testing homebrew jaguar software. When I attempt to compile VJ, an error occurs when compiling sdlemu_config.cpp. Below is a copy of what GCC says:

src/sdlemu_config.cpp: In function 'const char* sdlemu_getval_string(const char*
, const char*)':
src/sdlemu_config.cpp:119:45: error: 'strcmp' was not declared in this scope
src/sdlemu_config.cpp: In function 'int sdlemu_getval_int(const char*, int)':
src/sdlemu_config.cpp:130:45: error: 'strcmp' was not declared in this scope
src/sdlemu_config.cpp:132:27: error: 'atoi' was not declared in this scope
src/sdlemu_config.cpp: In function 'int sdlemu_getval_bool(const char*, int)':
src/sdlemu_config.cpp:143:45: error: 'strcmp' was not declared in this scope
src/sdlemu_config.cpp:145:27: error: 'atoi' was not declared in this scope
make: *** [obj/sdlemu_config.o] Error 1

I am using GCC version 4.5.0 on Windows XP Media Center Edition with minGW and MSIS. Just to try to move along the compiling, I tried altering the include statements at the top of the file as follows:
#include <string> became #include <string.h>
#include <stdlib.h> was added
Not that I thought an include statement would have been forgotten on a release version...but rather I am sort of desperate :p After these modifications GCC failed to recognise Token() and Value() as members of the token_list class in the sdlemu_config.cpp file, so I reverted my changes. Does anyone have any ideas to what may be going wrong?

Thanks a bunch,
Sam Bushman
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
344 Posts
If I could make a recommendation here, I would advise you to look at compiling revision 299 from source as 1.0.7 has some problems that were missed before it was released (sad, but true). To check it out, you would do:
Code:
svn co -r 299 http://shamusworld.gotdns.org/svn/virtualjaguar/trunk .
Code committed after r299 has major architectural changes and it doesn't compile or run properly at the moment.

BTW, you should be able to get Subversion packages for MinGW; not 100% sure since it's been a long time since I've developed in a Windows environment. :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
344 Posts
Actually, what's missing is <stdio.h> from that file. Seems every iteration of GCC get more and more strict with what it includes and what it doesn't... :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Shamus,
I sent a private message to you about this, but I'm having issues accessing the repository on your SVN. It seems to require a valid username and password to check out. I have tried multiple svn clients (including vanilla SVN) and all require the credentials. Posts on the Virtual jaguar thread had one individual indicate such an issue but it sounded like he alleviated the issue by using a different SVN client. Posts #136 - #138 seem to discuss this. I downloaded that svn client, but got the same results with that install's svn binary. I guess beyond the issues with credentials, I'm curious at what the difference is between SlikSVN's SVN client and any other.

Cheers and thanks,
Sam
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
344 Posts
Did you try https instead of http? I just checked the repo premissions and they look OK. It could be that it's expecting https for anonymous users. Let me know if that does the trick or not.

I think r299 might not compile with GCC 4.5--if that's the case, I'll fix in the repo and then HEAD will compile correctly again. :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I changed the "http" in the address to "https" per your suggestion and I am now downloading the repository. thx! Lets see if it will compile...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
alrighty, after a few healthy hours of trying to compile libcdio (which btw, 0.81 seems to compile in msis for winXP) and adding fixes to various make files and source files I have gotten r299 of virtual jaguar compiled and running smooth. I was even able to add back in a hack a jagware poster had done to the 1.0.7 version to allow for bjl roms (.bin extension was used and the start address was $4000). Woohoo! Thanks for the help Shamus. You guys are great.
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top