Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the issue im having is that the gamepad im using (ps3 sixaxis) is that my d pad UP button is not making the character move upward, instead its like panning upwards so the actual character doesnt move...im baffled because the sixaxis like any other ps controller is identical in their button layouts(meaning i mapped the buttons accordingly about 5 times!!)....so my character just doenst move upwards basically...oh and the game is breath of fire 3

·
twentyninetyseven
602 Posts
the ps1 cannot use digital/analogue at the same time, & epsxe can't seem to map the hatswitch on ps3 pads, the workaround is to map your pads analogue up/down to epsxe digital up/down, thus using the thumbstick ingame as digital directions.

or you can maybe use motioninjoy to remap the ps3 d-pad to other buttons/axis or vice-versa.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
wait... what?

the Dpad and Analogue sticks work perfectly fine at the same time when the control is in analogue mode..........

·
twentyninetyseven
602 Posts
true, but on the 7+ analogue games i play, both work only in menus, excluding maybe acecombat3, likely just my games options that does not allow it. the issue of ps3 d-pad assignment in epsxe is still relavant though, but not to me anymore, as i use a ps2/usb adapter instead which can assign the d-pad & saves running the ps3 pad driver program to initialize it every time I boot or come out of sleep.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.