Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry to repost this, but I should have made this its own thread to begin with:

I used epsxe to get around that awful roulette game in Alundra. I made a special .gme file, and used that as my memory card in my configuration.

Then, after beating roulette using "save state," I saved my game. When I exited epsxe, my dexdrive no longer could recogmize my file and listed it all as "null" and the only way I can get at the save is in epsxe.

What am I doing wrong, or do I need to download another program to let my dexdrive read the file again?

---Running both on windows XP.

· Narcissist
725 Posts
Aldos tools, wasn't it?

http://www.aldostools.com/memcards.html
(you want the "Download: Memory Converter 1.01 (23KB)" thing)

I lost my C:SotN save and needed a Clear Game save, snagged a .gme from GameFAQs then converted it to ePSXe-readable .mcr. The converter tool doesn't really explain itself although it's pretty straightforward: just click on the "..." selector button to locate your mem card, then click the huge "convert" button to save it in the new format - which you select in the save-as dialog box that pops up.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did download a memory tool and while the file says .gme, the dexrive still regards it as "null"

the overall file says .gme, but I'm guessing the save inside the .gme is still an .mcr.

I looked at an editor, but there were so many options, that it made my head spin, and I doubt I'd be able to figure it out.

· Narcissist
725 Posts
Hmm, think I misunderstood you - you're trying to get it back through DexDrive to play on an actual PSX? I'd try Dark Watcher's suggestion, there should be a link to a memory card manager on that page.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.