Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
But I'm pretty stumped.

Preface: I'm playing this on my Windows 7 partition of my Macbook Pro. Maybe that might be a problem, I don't know.

But anyhoo, I load up the first disc of FFIX just fine. Runs and plays near perfectly. Whenever I reach a Moogle, I'm prompted to save, and I do so, without any hitches. I'll even talk to the moogle again just to see if my save file is still recognized; it was.

So I get 3 or 4 hours into the game, save and quit in the Ice Cavern so I could do some errands. I open up ePSXe again a couple hours later to continue my game, but the game says it's not finding any save data on either memcard. I haven't been using save states either, because I can't figure out how to get them to work.

I'm fairly inexperienced with this program, so any help would be great. The packaged Help file for ePSXe didn't answer any questions.

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
you are probably not exiting out of the emulator correctly, you need to hit the esc key when you want to quit and then do file>exit in the GUI. doing it any other way (alt+tab, task manager, clicking the "X" to close the window, etc.) usually compromises any memory card or save state data that was made during your session with it.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Make sure you actually commit the memory card location as well. By default, the memory cards aren't actually set to save anywhere.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts