Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to download windows sevens soon the beta version!, Has any ever tested it on windows 7 and is it better then vista or xp?

I just got myself online yesterday huray :cool:!, Better then using a libaray anyday ;)

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
The only reason why it would be better is if you have a weak system and Vista for instance is using too many of your resources...if however you already have a fast system then there is no reason why it should be faster on 7.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My pc is pentium 4, 2.4gz, 1 and a half GB of ram

I fomated my HD and when't back to windows xp, Mabe i sound put windows sevens on a seprate hard drive!

I down't know if my system will be good enuth?

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
Windows 7 runs incredibly well on older systems so it's worth a shot...but this has nothing to do with no$gba.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
That depends entirely on which game your are running.....and if you are talking about PC games then you left out the graphics card....

·
Registered
43 Posts
Yes, and works OK.

NGZoom crash in Win7 because hacks no$gba, myZoom is called "danger app" or something in Win7, NO$Zoomer works, NOZ works, NO$MOOZ works, nds2xgl works (only if you have 3d video card, errors with integrated video cards "white screen".. tested in 2 different pc, with 3d card works)

NO$PMP & NO$WTT not tested... and a.exe ("NO$NRM") not tested... but this functions are "emulated" in NO$Zoomer > "remove noise" and the EX0 to EX5 hacks to run TWEWY and Ninja Gaiden, etc..

I like XP SP3, Vista NOT, and Seven is just OK, faster than XP but need more resources, and some of my drivers aren't supported.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Yes, and works OK.

NGZoom crash in Win7 because hacks no$gba, myZoom is called "danger app" or something in Win7, NO$Zoomer works, NOZ works, NO$MOOZ works, nds2xgl works (only if you have 3d video card, errors with integrated video cards "white screen".. tested in 2 different pc, with 3d card works)

NO$PMP & NO$WTT not tested... and a.exe ("NO$NRM") not tested... but this functions are "emulated" in NO$Zoomer > "remove noise" and the EX0 to EX5 hacks to run TWEWY and Ninja Gaiden, etc..

I like XP SP3, Vista NOT, and Seven is just OK, faster than XP but need more resources, and some of my drivers aren't supported.
Lainz, what are the requeriments of your PC? And try to update your drivers.

·
Registered
20 Posts
For anyone who might be wondering. Below are the official minimum system requirements for Win7 as stated by microsoft.

* 1 GHz processor (32- or 64-bit)

* 1 GB of RAM (32-bit); 2 GB of RAM (64-bit)

* 16 GB of available disk space (32-bit); 20 GB of avaiable disk space (64-bit)

* DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM 1.0 or higher driver

Note: If you are planning to run Windows XP Mode along with Windows 7, Microsoft is recommending a PC with a minimum of 2GB of memory and 15 GB of additional disk space. “In addition, Windows Virtual PC requires a PC with Intel-VT or AMD-V enabled in the CPU, as it takes advantage of the latest advancements in hardware virtualization,” according to company officials.

Also virtualization is not possible with all processors you need to look at your processors specs prior to attempting XP mode. I know some of the Phenom quad cores released last year did not support virtualization. Phenom 940 and up will though.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
This is a topic purely for handheld emulation (specifically no$gba in this case) and not Windows 7 Discussion so if you will please refrain from mentioning other than your experience with Windows 7 and handheld emulation.

·
Registered
18 Posts
You can download the latest RC candinate from Microsofts site. It has both the 32 and 64 bit builds and expires in August 2010. When I upgraded from 32bit XP to 64bit Win7, as well as using 64 bit emulation build, I got a 23% performance increase in MAME.

Be warned though and check your video card drivers before installing. I tried to put 32bit on another pentium 4 system that has a GeForce 3 card and it just simply is not supported through forceware drivers leaving that system with generic VGA drivers.

In regards to compatibility, NO$GBA and NO$Zoomer work perfectly. No problems with crashing like someone above mentioned. I have been trying out various nds emulators and addons the last few days and this combo just seems to give the best performance and quality. Especially with the build in Noise Suppression for sound it's beautiful

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
the RC has a DirectX bug thats only been addressed in later builds.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I can not get through the main download at there site 4 windows 7s, It is a real pain went you have to do it by rapidshare upto 25min per file download speed.

Hope to try it soon, And let ya know no$gba gose!

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Memory is managed slightly more efficiently.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.