Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everytime when I tried to go into the config menu(video/sound/cd), I would be giving an error message "Trunk Connecting Failed (32 -- >16). However, I would be able to configure everything normally after OK that error dialog. Just wondering whether anyone has seen this b4.

Also, the correct way to pause a game is to just use ESC, right? somehow epsxe would crash on me everytime when I tried to continue. I am thinking that it might have been related to that "Trunk connecting failed" error?

BTW, I am using 1.40 with all Pete's plugins.

Thanks in advance!

·
<font color="#FF0066"><b>Advanced Newbie</b></font
5,797 Posts
maybe a overclock error¿

·
Registered
119 Posts
it's a certain plugin that causes that problem but i don't know which one, you have the test all of them out, because the same thing happens in psemu pro too.(mostly cd-rom plugins but you never know.....)

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
The thunk error is caused by having too many plugins in the plugins folder. Delete some the useless ones. Geez that the 3rd time I've answered this question today.

·
&-)---|--<
8,586 Posts
I have a ton of pluggins in the pluggin folder and nothing like that happens to me...

I believe its one of the cd rom pluggins that creates this error.. The Tsg Mscdex driver pluggin is the cause.. This pluggin requires 3 seperate dll files to be in the pluggin folder..

lcdrTsgMSCD.dll
subTsgMSCD16.dll
subTsgMSCD32.dll

These three files are required for the pluggin... If you are missing one then you get the thunk error.. see the 16 and 32 in the dll files? Epsxe will try to load all the pluggins when you go configure it.. Once it tries to load that cd pluggin.. The error happens.. Just make sure you got all three files in the pluggin directory.. I got about 80 pluggin files in the pluggin folder and I dont' get that error.. You could just delete all the pluggins and unzipp them again into the pluggin folder..

S

·
0 Posts
fivefeet8, actually the two sub TsgMSCD plugins are supposed to go in the main directory of ePSXe. This is the directory where ePSXe.exe(the main emulator) resides. I think that if you have those sub files in the plugins folder only, and not in the main directory, then ePSXe.exe can't find them in order to use the TsgMSCD CD rom plugin. Hence the thunk 16-32 connecting error. The plugin calls for them, the emulator looks for them but doesn't find them, and the error occurs.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
&-)---|--<
8,586 Posts
Your right xamiga.... but epsxe automatically puts the files in the main epsxe dir the first time you configure.... If it can't find them then it does the error... I never had to put those files manually in the epsxe directory.. They were automatically put there... Or maybe they are supposed to be put there the first time you use that pluggin.. Either case, those two files should have been automatically put in the epsxe directory by epsxe or the pluggin itself.. Remember, I never put those files in the epsxe directory manually.. I just unzipped that pluggin into the pluggins directory.. Maybe, when people keep deleting and unzipping pluggins, they accidentally erased those files either from the main epsxe dir or the pluggins directory.. I have both of those files in the main epsxe directory as well as the pluggins directory.. Never had a 16-32 thunk error..

S

·
0 Posts
I have them in both places too, fivefeet8, just to be sure and I have never had any "thunk" problems using the TsgMSCD plugin. It IS quite a good one actually. Perhaps when people see the two sub files in the main directory, they move them to the plugins directory and then delete them form the main directory. That would be the mistake, ePSXe needs to find those files in the main directory when TsgMSCD calls for them, or the plugin will not work.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

1 - 13 of 13 Posts