Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Games like Breath of Fire 3 and 4, or maybe other games for you people out there. Well for example if you people have Breath of Fire 3 and 4, when your in a town and your exploring the town, for like a while. And then your finish exploring the town and exit, then suddenly when the screen goes black the map doesn't show up, then I look at my CD-RW and the light isn't blinking from my drive, then I ESC, and from the ePSXe menu I go to "change disc", where I don't eject the disc but let it stay there so the drive could wake-up and read the disc (this used to work before, now it doesn't:( ), plus from the menu "continue" switch doesn't work either, where then I'm lefted empty handed.

:) People who have Breath of Fire 3 or 4, I want them to try this, stay in the town for like 2 or 3 minutes or longer, and then exit the town, and let me know if it loads or not.

P.S.: I'm using Pete's CDR plugin 1.2 on my CD-RW. Thanks:) .

·
Registered
526 Posts
well bubsy ....i dont know whether u faced this problem while playing BOF4 or not.. the problem is that whenever i load the cheat for BOF4 provided by epsxe my game seems to be stuck during game battles ...stuck as in that the game does not read from my cd-rom... the music works ..the characaters are moving but no actions is performed now in order to overcome this problem i tried this out...whenever the problem occured i saved my present state hitting F1 and then i loaded it again by pressing F3 and the game started to read back again from my cd-rom... you can try this particular method out and let us know

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'II try that, thanks ice2hot. But in the meantime I hope that they'll fix that, problem...

S

·
0 Posts
Bubsy, I have not played BOF 4 that much though I do have it. But I have played BOF 3 a lot and been to several towns and never once did I encounter this problem. I have explored the towns throughly and taked to everyone, then when I exit, I just continue on. May be you should try another CD Plugin or try setting Pete's to 2x speed which is what a real PSX's Cd riuns at. This is what i did and now Gauntlet Legends works perfectly, where it had problems before.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sxamiga try this, in BOF 3 at any town just stay in one place(don't move or talk to people) for like 3 to 5 minutes or a little more. Until then, watch your CD drive if it stops running.

:) Oh yeah about that 2X thing for the CDR plugin you gave me before. Well it works perfectly, talk about smooth running mdecs:) . thanks man.

But don't forget to try that thing about BOF 3 O.K.....;)

S

·
0 Posts
Okay, Bubsy, I will try that toniight and see what happens. But may I ask why you would want to stand stock still and not move for 3 to 5 minutes?:confused: If it is because you need to leave the game for a little bit, I believe there is a way to pause the game or just bring up the character screen and that should pause the game. Anyway, I will try it and see what happens and then I will let you know.
Glad:) the 2x option in Pete's CD plugin worked for you. As I stated, it fixed Gauntlet Legends for me.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks sxamiga, but it doesn't matter, pause the game if you want to, and just let some minutes pass by and you'll see the CD-drive stop. And once you want to continue on with the game, the CD-drive won't read the BOF 3 CD. I mean shouldn't it force the CD in reading?!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts