Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone managed to get the NTSC version of Metal Gear Solid running close to smootly on epsxe? If so could you tell me the exact setup of epsxe?

Cheers.

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
or if you have a fast video card, use what ever settings for it you want, the default settings for the eternal SPU and in options (On ePSXe, not ePsxecutor) force PAL.

I have a gefoece 2 gts, so my resolution is 1280*1024 32 bit with nice settings plus Frambuffer effects turned on (not FVP)
I also have a SB live so the default settings for the eternal SPU work nicely
everything is 100% smooth.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Some notes about MGS.
The sound buffer (in eternal SPU) is really dependent on your sound card; some cards will operate as low as 1, while others (such as mine) operate best at a setting of 11. Probably you'll want to keep it lower than 20...over that and the sound will have a tendency to lag.
Also try pete's Dsound 1.12, there's less setup involved.

Also enable PC FPS calculation under the special game fixes in pete's GPU plugins; doing this will help sync the sound better, and reduce some "slowdowns" in cetain areas. And set offscreen drawing to 3 (not 4).

And lastly, if you want to see the mdecs I strongly recommend that you download ePSXe 1.0.1 to play this game. And switch to ePSXe 1.4.0 to get past the disc change.

·
I'm?
1,866 Posts
ok its up to you now how you can make it work :D

·
<font color="#FF0066"><b>Advanced Newbie</b></font
5,797 Posts
yeah eternal SPU ROCKS !!!!!
oh and turn on the pc fps calculations in pete´s plugins

this Rocks

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
:( Now the sodding thing won't save, and the vocals go dodgy during cutscenes and radio transmissions. Dagnabbit!

·
I'm?
1,866 Posts
use the new petes dsound 1.12 spu and dont enable pc fps calc it works great on my machine

1 - 17 of 17 Posts