Next Generation Emulation banner

Has anyone else tried Sonic Unleashed? I rented it!

2K views 30 replies 12 participants last post by  Samor 
#1 ·
It seems not bad but the Werehog and talking areas seem stupid and yeah the side kick makes Tails look mature.

If they had stuck just with the Sonic levels this would be nice.

I don't like the changing camera during the game. I'd prefer control over the camera.

I also don't like the challenges, I'm stuck on the take no damage stage, it's hard to guess which way to dodge. the "classic" controller on the Wii works nice, I can't imagine playing Sonic with a Wiimote.

I wanted to rent the PS2 version, but the only video store in town doesn't support the PS2 that well and I only had the Wii version to rent. Still, a version is better than no version.

#2 ·
wii one should be better than the ps2 one (graphically, at least)

annoying side kick - check

the werehog parts aren't bad, get a few powerups (finish a few stages) and you might start to like it - it worked for me, at least.

as for the "take no damage" stage, is that on Holoska? Just try it a bit slower... I did that, and still got the medal.

#5 ·
I have it 4 ps2 the poor level desing and walkie talkie annoy the heck out of me

#6 ·
I'm getting this game for my PS3. I hope I get a A-rank on my first try. I still can't believe how the Wii/PS2 version is rated higher than the 360/PS3 version when the 360/PS3 version is better! I really wanted this game to have more features like multiplayer and more characters.

#7 ·
If they had stuck just with the Sonic levels this would be nice.
That's pretty much my impression after having played the Dreamcast games as well :p

Will this one be on PC?

#8 ·
I seriously doubt it will be released for the PC, but I could be wrong.

#11 ·
I just got this game for my PS3. Its great but there is one problem. This game has serious framerate issues. You have sudden slowdowns and speed ups. The PS3 version is supposed to run at 60FPS but the speed keeps on dropping. Although it hasn't affected gameplay, it is very noticable.

#13 ·
That's pretty much my impression after having played the Dreamcast games as well :p

Will this one be on PC?
actually this time 'round the other gameplay isn't so bad, it just was never asked for.
As much as I like this new game, I popped in good old SA2 for comparison and I have to say that a 2008 ps2 game cant beat the DC one from 2001, especially not on the graphics department... tssk.
It does have style, though.
I don't think it'll be coming on pc... Sonic Heroes was the last one to receive a PC port, after SADX (except for Sonic Riders).

#14 · (Edited)
actually this time 'round the other gameplay isn't so bad, it just was never asked for.
As much as I like this new game, I popped in good old SA2 for comparison and I have to say that a 2008 ps2 game cant beat the DC one from 2001, especially not on the graphics department... tssk.
It does have style, though.
I don't think it'll be coming on pc... Sonic Heroes was the last one to receive a PC port, after SADX (except for Sonic Riders).
Maybe because the PS2/Wii version sucks compared to the 360/PS3 version. They have completely different levels.

#15 ·
I'm getting this game for my PS3. I hope I get a A-rank on my first try. I still can't believe how the Wii/PS2 version is rated higher than the 360/PS3 version when the 360/PS3 version is better! I really wanted this game to have more features like multiplayer and more characters.

Says who... heh.

#18 ·
i wished SA2 was ported to PC that was my favorite mostly because of the chao haha

#20 ·
SA/SADX: DC , GCN, PC
SA2: DC, GCN
Sonic Heroes: PS2, GCN, XBOX, PC
Shadow: PS2, GCN, XBOX
Sonic (2006): XBOX360, PS3 (Sonic and the secret of the rings: WII)
Sonic Unleashed: PS2, WII, XBOX360, PS3

...where's the logic in that anyway? ;)
The only thing that's obvious is that they're targeting Nintendo's platforms a lot.

A PS2 port from SA2 probably would've suffered, it's one of the more advanced DC games - not saying it's not possible on ps2, but it would at least have reduced texture quality.

#21 ·
How is the Gamecube Ports of Sonic Advance 1 and 2? Part 2 is at the local Gamestop for ~$12.99 used. I was thinking of buying it...

#22 ·
I think you mean Adventure (not Advance)?

I haven't played the GCN versions, but SADX had a pc version. SADX seems to be completely the same as the original SA, except that it has graphical improvements (most obviously the character models) and some additional mini games.

SA2, AFAIK it's the almost the same on GCN as it is on DC.....

#23 ·
I think you mean Adventure (not Advance)?

I haven't played the GCN versions, but SADX had a pc version. SADX seems to be completely the same as the original SA, except that it has graphical improvements (most obviously the character models) and some additional mini games.

SA2, AFAIK it's the almost the same on GCN as it is on DC.....
Yeah, I was looking at Advance versions of Sonic today, I guess I was still thinking about them, from the reviews none of the Advance games were any good, 2 being the worst. :cry: :( I really wanted to get portable sonic,,,without having to mod a PSP! LOL :innocent:

#25 ·
i hate when developers would rather have graphics than frame rate. i rather prefer 60 fps than dynamic shadows >.> etc etc.

#26 ·
I hate it when good games get bad reviews. As soon as I saw that IGN and Gamespot had rated this lower than Sonic 06 then I knew that the whole review would just be garbage. Gamespot gave it a 3.3 which is really unfair. The Wii version got higher even though the gameplay isn't as good and is just missing too much. IGN also gave this a 6.5 in graphics which is even more alarming. All these reviews are just unfair. IGN also gave Sonic Adventure 2 on DC a 9.4 while giving the GCN version a 6.9 even though it is better on the GCN.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.