Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wonder if anyone within the ePSXe community has given any thought about developing some version of ePSXe to allow play of PSX games on an the XBox that is due to be released even as I speak.

I know there are parties out there doing tinkering with the XBox SDK, as someone is porting MAME to XBox. Well, why not ePSXe? The hardware only has small differences, and the hardware system is designed with DirectX in mind. Are there any obstables preventing giving it a try?

·
Registered
270 Posts
no!~ dun help them sell more xboxes~ anythin' that has to do w/ microsoft can bend over! anti-microsoft all the way!!!~ if it hadnt been for all the games i got addicted to, i would surely have deleted the whole windows junk off my computer and get a free os

·
Registered
77 Posts
the x-box is basically a PC-console, anything on it should be ported to PC easily/fast so dont waste you time with it.

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Yea, buying an x-box is a waste of money....serious gamers aren't bothering with it... Besides...I doubt it's powerfull enough to even do PSX emulation considering how low the frame rate of Halo is.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was not asking whether or not to get the XBox. I was just asking as a matter of feasability.

Besides, wouldn't you want to see enhanced PSX graphics on a digital television (or an HDTV)? That's something XBox can do that a PC can't right now.

Since the graphics and sound technology is stationary, it'd be easy to find the right setting for that chipset and go with it.

Besides, how do you know serious gamers aren't buying the XBox or will in the near future? Many titles for XBox will probably NOT be ported to PC.

PS. Halo may be a bit jaggedy, but then it's a complex FPS with multiplayer capability. You want smooth, then scope out DoA3.

PSS. I'm not for or against Microsoft. I'll go for what's best, and the ability to do a PSX emulation would give me a gague on just what the XBox can do. I mean, if the PS2 can do it, why can't this new box?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Uhm, the PC CAN output to a HDTV. There's a digital connector on the back of the HDTV set that will plug into the digital connector on certain Geforces, Matroxes, and Radeons. I'm not too certain which cards have the digital connector, only that it IS possible. Hence people play DVD movies on their computer straight to the HDTV.

Amberion

S

·
0 Posts
PC monitor will do for me ;)

and no, it's not very likely I will get an xbox...

there is a chance I might be getting a ps2, but xbox..no.

·
Registered
47 Posts
he, i rather hope someone find a hack to play X-Box games on PC... X-Box is just a crippled PC so this shouldda be possible( if u have a DX8 Card that is ).

I think most X-Box Games will use the DX8 API anyways( so they will work on PC too ), so patching should be easier than any emulator out there

S

·
0 Posts
in europe ps2 is the best (and only, duh) you can get at the moment...in America either gamecube or ps2. xbox is way to expensive and uninteresting....this can be seen easily: notice how they overhype doa3...sure, doa1 and doa2 were very good games, but no killer-apps.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I personally think the PS2 is overrated. It's graphics quality is not what I expected for all its hype, and its game lineup has maybe one or two highlights (and maybe one more on the way). It's only real edge is that it has about a year's head start.

And the XBox not being worth the money? Come on! They're the same ____ price! Have you even TRIED it?

IIRC, I heard the same trash talk about the PS2 about a year ago: about its graphics being inferior to the Dreamcast, and so on. And I've already heard that Capcom's ready to dip its toes into the XBox. Who knows who'll come next? SquareSoft (longshot, but it's a possibility)?

·
Registered
270 Posts
i dun give a to any o da ms products.
for me, i aint gonna buy neither a xbox, ps2, nor a gamecube.
the definition of an emulation freak is a player who plays FREE games by nature;)

·
Coffee Demon
2,907 Posts
Hmmm

The Watcher is for all consoles, but some points to be made...

DOA3 winded up being overated..It became a prettied up DOA2 for Dreamcast..See the reviews at www.gamespot.com, and IGN.com (Looks pretty though)

PS2 better? well we won't judge yet...but take into account 20 million units sold - up to 280 games (not counting the PS1 library with backwards compatibility)..DVD right out of the box (Xbox needs a $34 compatible remote in order to work)...

Xbox is indeed a powerful machine...but the games make the machine...SPECS are nothing unless used properly (Remember the Jaguar, Phillips CDI, and 3DO ?) ... They do have some interesting titles...but they got to be original exclusives....some of their releases...will be ported to GC and PS2 as well....which kinda harms...why by a game for XBOX when ya already own a PS2...or some on PC..... They have much to prove in a console market...and until they get passed the Micro$oft reputation, and the PC comparisons...theres a hard road.... The benefit to this is the competion of console wars brings out the best of gaming....kinda reminds us of the old Nintendo / Sega / Turbographics days....

·
Banned
7,778 Posts
Personally, I hope the Xbox dies a miserable death. However, if you want to buy one to program for, then I say DO IT!!!!!

Microsoft loses money on every one sold. So if you want a cheap DVD player for a lot of money, buy one. Just don't buy the games.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Screw Microsux is all I gotta say. Im downloading Mandrake Linux 8.1 right now. Im gonna set my system on dual boot so I can switch over to winblows when I need to (I doubt there will be a linux version of warcraft 3). I hope pcsx is a decent psx emu, I hear theres a linux version.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts