Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Drowning in a red state.
11,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My commment: HELL YEAH

For "Harry Potter" and Hollywood, eight is the magic number.

Warner Bros. Pictures and the producers behind the $4.5-billion film franchise featuring the beloved boy wizard will split the seventh and final novel in the J.K. Rowling series into two films.

"Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part I" will hit theaters in November 2010, followed by "Part II" in May 2011, a decision that is being met around the world with fans' cheers but also plenty of cynical smirks. The publishing industry is learning to live without new "Potter" releases, but Hollywood just pulled off a trick that will keep its profitable hero on his broom into the next decade.
Final 'Harry Potter' book will be split into two movies - Los Angeles Times

·
Drowning in a red state.
11,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hell NO. Just because I fear they don't use it to show all the scences from the book but add new useless ones that don't make sense.
Thats the whole point, and JK rowling will be actively involved in the film because shes not writing any new books. EVey scene in the book is relevant to the story.

·
Registered
10,973 Posts
Yeah too much was cut out of the earlier movies, particularly starting with the 3rd movie and continuing onwards...

·
Professional Spitter.
2,513 Posts
Dude, this is the only way to put as much of the book in the movie(s). Im in full support of it.

HOWEVER, WHY THE HELL RELEASE ONE PART FIRST AND THEN THE OTHER PART 6 MONTHS LATER ???????? IF WE KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT HP IN THE CINEMA'S, EVERYTHING IS GONNA GET DELAYED BY ATLEAST 2 YEARS !!!!!!

it took that long to get the current part released... But why the hell would Hollywood not break freaking records, record the movies as 2 parts but edit them together to make it an 6-hour feature film. That would kick ass and keep it from being too much LOTR.

/rant

Anyway, this is quite old news, ive known about it for atleast 6 months now.

·
Classic Games Lover
5,856 Posts
it took that long to get the current part released... But why the hell would Hollywood not break freaking records, record the movies as 2 parts but edit them together to make it an 6-hour feature film. That would kick ass and keep it from being too much LOTR.

/rant

It took so long because it had been sitting on the shelf for over 8 months :>

But I do wonder how they intend to put it back together after basically shattering the plot in latest movie. Yates says they really want to stick to the book in films 7a and 7b, but after what I saw in HBP it's impossible.

Burned down Burrow? Ginny, not Harry hiding the HBP book, thus making him impossible to find Ravenclaw's Tiara? Not a word of info about possible horcruxes? Elderly wand not buried with Dumbledore? Etc., etc.

·
crazy person
864 Posts
Burned down Burrow? Ginny, not Harry hiding the HBP book, thus making him impossible to find Ravenclaw's Tiara? Not a word of info about possible horcruxes? Elderly wand not buried with Dumbledore? Etc., etc.
THESE are my worries. We will probably see several scences which DIDN'T happen in the book and there will still be material left out from the books.

This happens on a regulary basis in most adaptions and it usually turns out bad. (Hell, even the LOTR movies had them) So yeah, I think theyre going to make scences unnesecary longer and add new bull****.

Also, about JK Rownlings. History tells that that can either turn out good or bad, depending on the involvment. Because she still could be name only.

·
Banned
35,081 Posts
Dude, this is the only way to put as much of the book in the movie(s). Im in full support of it.

HOWEVER, WHY THE HELL RELEASE ONE PART FIRST AND THEN THE OTHER PART 6 MONTHS LATER ???????? IF WE KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT HP IN THE CINEMA'S, EVERYTHING IS GONNA GET DELAYED BY ATLEAST 2 YEARS !!!!!!

/rant

Duh, its because Peter Jackson isn't onboard. if he was all of the movies would've been finished in 2005

·
Professional Spitter.
2,513 Posts
Duh, its because Peter Jackson isn't onboard. if he was all of the movies would've been finished in 2005
Maybe, but then again, Peter Jackson would.... What i mean is.....

Screw it, Peter Jackson should have done all the movies...

RRRRRRAAAAAAAAAEEEEEEEEEEGGGGGGGGGG

·
I m meow desu! ^_^
5,631 Posts
I've watched Harry Potter till Half BlooD prince but dont know what is the plot about????
Maybe reading the book will help?

·
Registered Anime Hater
15,801 Posts
lol of course you can't understand it if you haven't read or even watched the previous movies.

In case you read/watched till the fifth one, then yeah movie cuts off sometimes crucial segments making it necessary to read the novel.

·
Banned
35,081 Posts
Deathly hallows came out in 2008 i think...........so no........

You fail at nearly everything. Do you know this?

·
Banned
35,081 Posts
i flame idiots.

like yourself.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.